This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

So who's getting up early to shop on Friday morning? Where are you going? What are you looking for?

I go every year. Last year I got lucky at Target, getting the Gameboy bundle I wanted--a woman was putting one back on the shelf just as an employee told me they were out. She made my day....at 6 a.m.

I usually go to Target and Best Buy. And Fred Meyer. I've been going to Fred Meyer the day after Thanksgiving every year since I was 15! They always have great board game sales and all socks and towels are 50% off.

I'm not sure where I'm going or what I'm buying this year. I haven't even looked online yet.

What about you?

www.bfads.net

Re: Black Friday

I plan to avoid as much shopping as possible. Last year we went for the first time in a long time, and the car got sideswiped in the parking lot. I was glad that one was a rental. This time we're taking my car and my baby needs to avoid evil crowds!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I never do shopping on that day. I've worked retail on that day before and that was bad enough. I'll be warm all snug in my bed, then i will be eating leftovers and then maybe a jacuzzi. I'm off work that day with pay ...woo hoo.

Comment

so, do you spend the night in the parking lot beforehand or just wake up and go really early. I could never do the camping out thing. I had to do that twice with my daughters old school. They use to have tracks and only so many kids could be in each track, so we all had to camp out to get the track choice we wanted...PITA!

Comment

Well, we always go to the mall down the street from my Grandma's house, and she has a handicap tag, so we use that to our full advantage. We usually get out to the mall by 8am, having had donuts earlier, and then have TGI Firday's for lunch.
          Not really looking for anything in particular, maybe some more Disney shirts for me or anything cute and in my size at Kohl's.
          I also need to get my christmas cards picked out. Maybe those Disney Princess ones I saw at Hallmark.
          I have not a clue what to get my brothers (I sent them an e-mail telling them to drop me a note if there was something that they wanted.), or my friend Kari, but I know what I am getting my best friend, and that can't be bought a mall, but rather at Skyline. I am making her a skyline care package, since she loves it so much when she's out here.
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

No camping out. I might get there ten minutes before the store opens. That's about my commitment to the event.

I think I'll do Circuit City this year. I want a flash drive and memory sticks cheap. They also have Grey's Anatomy Season 1 for $9. I want it get it for my mom anyway, so this is perfect!

Target also has the $50 robopet that Cassidy wants for $30. So that's a probability.

I don't know why I love the early bird shopping so much, but I've never had a bad experience. And the employees are plentiful and usually in good cheer at every store. I always enjoy myself! Lots of coffee and shopping!

Comment

I love to shop on Black Friday and do it every year. I will try to finish most of my shopping that day.
              Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
              sigpic

Comment

I will never camp out for something.

My brother did this morning for Nintendo Wii, he got there at about 5am, with layers and layers on and he said he still froze!! People had sleeping bags there, it was nuts! Nothing is worth enduring that, IMO.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

My mom goes every year, but I don't think I ever have. I look at the ads, but usually the only great deals I see are things that would be for myself, not gifts, so I don't allow myself to do it. Just doesn't seem right to tell my family "sorry, I couldn't afford to get you anything this year, but I got a great deal on something for myself!" :lol:

Comment

J and I both spent over 15 years in retail, so we consider Black Friday our annual day of revenge. We usually hit the stores mid-morning with no expectations and no game plan (Why stress? We do most of our shopping online anyway).

We take great pleasure in watching stressed out maniacs race from store to store trying to get all their shopping done. People are cranky, they curse, they're rude to their children and they drive like idiots.

It's quite a show and we enjoy every minute of it. :evil:
                    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I sleep in. Ive never gone out shopping that day. My mom and aunts do though. They've usually been out shopping and gotten home already by the time I get up.
                      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Not me!

Because my mom and I used to host Thanksgiving dinner for the whole extended family, we were usually up pretty late cleaning up. It was not unusual for us to be up till 4 am - gutting two turkey carcasses, putting
                        all the food into containers and into the fridge, washing all the silverware, etc. There was NO way we were up to facing the early morning crowds and chaos.

We don't do the extended family thing anymore, but there is still no way I'll drag my butt out of bed extra early.
                        She did it!

Comment

I doubt I'll do any shopping. Unless there's some huge sale on Nintendo DS somewhere, then I will. I want one so bad!

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
                            We take great pleasure in watching stressed out maniacs race from store to store trying to get all their shopping done. People are cranky, they curse, they're rude to their children and they drive like idiots.

It's quite a show and we enjoy every minute of it. :evil:
                            On that I will agree, it is quite a show. Even more so when the kids wander around in the store and the parents are too busy looking at things for themselves to realize, until the kid gets into something!
                            I love just watching the people, as you said, and watching two moms duke it out over some must-have toy! Classic entertainment, I must say.

Comment

Having worked for "America's Department Store" for about 15 years, I can tell you, the lowest prices usually happen the weekend prior to Christmas. The One Day Sale last week was one of the best sales of the season as well. In my experience, the only "deals" that happen on Black Friday/the day after thanksgiving are usually in the early morning "door busters, etc". After years of setting those sales and being up at 4am or earlier, this year I'll be sleeping snug and warm..enjoying the afterglow of Thanksgiving. Just like "regular" people. LOL!

Happy shopping one and all!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X