Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Just Wondering ...

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering ...

Being somewhat new here I have enjoyed going through the different forums and reading about various topics on all things Disney (and a few non-Disney). But, going through the posts today it just struck me that there is so much DLR related stuff as opposed to the other parks - WDW Invasion aside.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading the trip reports and love seeing the pictures everyone takes - but what about the other parks? Why is it that those Micechatters don't post trip reports as often as DLR Micechatters? I've read reports from different parks - and thanks to Micechat I am planning an upcoming trip to DLRP ... but I'd love to see what is going on in the other parks.

Could it be that there are more folks who are close to DLR then to the other parks?

So ... that is why I've included a poll with this thread to see which parks most of you are close to. And by close I mean living in the same state where you can at least make it to the park at least once a month ... I'm just curious as to how many of us are close to which parks.
    Disneyland Resort
    85.00%
    Walt Disney World
    10.00%
    Tokyo Disney Resort
    0.00%
    Hong Kong Disney Resort
    0.00%
    Disneyland Resort Paris
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Just Wondering ...

I live about 70 miles or so north of DL.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm like right in the middle in Texas. I'm sure there is a mile difference to make me closer to one of them, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
      — Mark Twain

Comment

It changes every 4 months - last spring I was closest to HKDL and TDLR - now I think I'm closest to WDW, though when I stop moving around and am 'home' I am closest to DLR.

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
          I live about 70 miles or so north of DL.
          Ahem... I'm 62 miles door to door. That makes you about 63 miles. FWIW.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

145 miles from Disneyland!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
              Ahem... I'm 62 miles door to door. That makes you about 63 miles. FWIW.
              I said about!

I checked mapquest after I posted and it said 63...I was just too lazy to edit...
              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I am 29.40 miles from Disneyland.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

1102 miles north of WDW
                  ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I'm about 200 miles south of WDW. I'd say there are two reasons why you get more DLR posts here.
                    1. DLR is more of a park where the locals go to hang out at any time since many have Annual Passes. Locals can visit Disneyland just as I could go to my nearby mall.
                    2. WDW is more of a destination for tourists. I'd say most people visiting WDW are not from the local area and are visiting for a few days.
                    Also, there are two other websites which are geared more towards WDW.

Comment

DH and I are 10.4 miles from DL
                      She did it!

Comment

About 35 miles from DL.

Comment

431 miles north...thats soooo farr.... i'd like to live in critter country plz...any apartments within dl would be nice LOLOL
                          "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                          "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                          "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                          I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                          If you won the lottery what would you do?
                          Originally posted by Wally
                          Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                            I'm about 200 miles south of WDW. I'd say there are two reasons why you get more DLR posts here.
                            1. DLR is more of a park where the locals go to hang out at any time since many have Annual Passes. Locals can visit Disneyland just as I could go to my nearby mall.
                            2. WDW is more of a destination for tourists. I'd say most people visiting WDW are not from the local area and are visiting for a few days.
                            Also, there are two other websites which are geared more towards WDW.
                            Well, that does explain a lot ... thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X