This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want for Hanukkah?

I don't celebrate Hanukkah, but since most people focus on Christmas this time of year, I figured I would ask my Jewish friends what they want, and plan on doing, for Hanukkah.

Re: What do you want for Hanukkah?

I WANT a Apple IMac G5...obviously that is not happy
    I'm just looking foward to my aunt coming in for Hannukkah...

Comment

As far back as I can remember, I dont think Ive ever said "I want _____ for Hannukah".
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

From wikipedia:

Though it was traditional to give "gelt" or money coins to children during Hanukkah, in many families this has changed into gifts in order to prevent Jewish children from feeling "left out" of the Christmas gift giving.
        These secular traditions are not a traditional part of the Hanukkah observance, and are often frowned upon by more observant and traditionally-minded Jews.
        My understanding, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is that gift giving is far less a part of the Hannukah tradition than it is among those that celebrate Christmas.
        "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
        - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
          From wikipedia:

My understanding, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is that gift giving is far less a part of the Hannukah tradition than it is among those that celebrate Christmas.
          No, its about the same
          But we get gifts every night...for 8 nights
          But the last few years i'v only gotten like one present for all the nights, even if its not that great i dont care
          Everything i want is expensive, so i have extremely low expectations for the holidays

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X