• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clara
    Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Jan 2006

The New Otani Hotel in Downtown L.A.

Last night I stayed at the New Otani Hotel in Downtown L.A. It was nice and from the outside doesn't seem like it would be that nice on the inside. I went there for a family wedding and being that I live in San Bernardino County, decided to stay to eliminate a drive.

Some photos of the lobby area:

From the Balcony looking down on the lounging area of the lobby:

Some more art work found through the halls:

The rooms were nice, average. I was a bit upset when they didnt' have Disney Channel or Cartoon Network only because my 2 year old had nothing to watch. Also, the phones didn't work and I had to call the front desk to fix that and the wireless internet wasn't working because they typed in my last name wrong at check in and it wasn't accepting it. I got free internet access for the weekend because it took me almost two hours of the run around to get it set up!

Anyway, here are some pics of the rooms and the views from the room:

View from the Room:

Day Care that the City of Los Angeles employee's use. I only know this because I used to work for City of Los Angeles.

And what is a wedding without wedding cake! I am obsessed with Wedding Cakes. They can be so beautiful!

And then Donald...well he got a little "tipsy"

Lastly, on the way home I saw this...cracked me up!

I just wanted to post those. I am LOVING my new camera and take pics whenever I can. Thanks for looking.

Ta Da!
  • penguinsoda
    Jester of Randomness
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Jan 2005

Re: The New Otani Hotel in Downtown L.A.

Very cool! I like the lobby, looks like a nice place. What a pretty cake too!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• JesterMn
      Functional & Decorative
      • Jul 2005

I've never stayed at the New Otani, but I've always wanted to. I did eat at 1000 Cranes, their upper end restaurant. I think the Shabu-Shabu cost nearly $300 for two... you don't fool around at that place!

BTW, did you get to see the small, but beautiful garden on the 3rd floor? It's the main highlight of the hotel!
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

• clara
        Sshhh, being very quiet
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
        I've never stayed at the New Otani, but I've always wanted to. I did eat at 1000 Cranes, their upper end restaurant. I think the Shabu-Shabu cost nearly $300 for two... you don't fool around at that place!

BTW, did you get to see the small, but beautiful garden on the 3rd floor? It's the main highlight of the hotel!

The ceremony for the wedding was in that garden but I didn't make it to the ceremony, so I missed it.

Ta Da!

Comment

• cstephens
          done
          • Apr 2005

Thanks for the info. We actually just booked the Otani for a convention we're going to next May.

Comment

• mousephreak23
            Head Postmaster of Random
            • Nov 2006

GREAT PICS CLARA!!!!

lol the hotel was very um, japanese themed no? heeh seemed to be the cake was pretty and im glad donald got to party too lolol
            "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
            "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
            "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
            I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
            If you won the lottery what would you do?
            Originally posted by Wally
            Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

• clara
              Sshhh, being very quiet
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by cstephens View Post
              Thanks for the info. We actually just booked the Otani for a convention we're going to next May.
              Oh you will like it.

Ta Da!

Comment

• mikeland
                World Traveler
                • May 2005

I stayed at the original New Otani in Tokyo and the rooms are a bit similar. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

• clara
                  Sshhh, being very quiet
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  I stayed at the original New Otani in Tokyo and the rooms are a bit similar. Thanks for the memories.
                  Awesome! I'm glad to have made you happy!

Ta Da!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X