This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day for our family, our baby had to be put down :(

It was a tough morning, our dog of 17 years ( lived with my parents) had to be put down today as he had a stroke last night and lots the ablity to walk or eat. I got a call this mornign while at the dentist that the poor little boy had to be put down, everyones was hysterical I again was givien the job of having it done and to tell you the truth is almost kills me to have to do this to the animals of our family. over the years we have had many, cats dogs, and a big old rat. They grow in my home, loved and cared for, so when that day comes the job falls on me to make sure there last moments are in my arms, and held in there blankies and comforted. I come away with such a deep saddness and broken heart. I know that the comfort they gave us in life, and the love they give us does nto last forever, the pain is deep and so painful. my mo and dad are in such great sadness, and dad can hardly speak still. that dog was by his side night and day, he even fed him by hand.
    So long Peppy, you were sweet, feisty, fun, and loved!!!

Re: A sad day for our family, our baby had to be put down

Karla, I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, its always hard to lose a family member
      MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Comment

Aww Karla. I'm so sorry... But 17 years is good long time for the little guy.

Comment

Karla, I am so very sorry.

I am glad you were able to hold him in your arms thru the end...He loves you very much for being there and doing what was best for him.
            procrastibating

Comment

Thank you, I know he had a long life, it was just hard to see him shake, and to know that this visit was different then previous vet visits. When someone, or or a loved pet you have loved or cared for this long passes, it is extermly hard, but when you are holding them while being put down, well that is extremly hard to do. I am just glad he is no longer suffering.

Comment

I"m very sorry for your loss

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'm sorry. That is the hardest thing to do. He did have a long life.

Comment

Karla, sorry to here about the loss of your beloved little Peppy. He was an adorable doggy that lived a long life filled with the attention and friendship of a wonderful family. :squeeze:
                    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-05-2006, 11:16 AM.
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Karla, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is among the most difficult things we, as pet parents have to do.

I've been with all my babies when they had to leave by our hand when there was no longer hope for them. I can't think of losing any of them without shedding tears. Looking at pups number 5 and 6 as I type this, though, the one thing I do know is that all the joy they bring us over the years is so far outweighs the sorrow I feel each time I lose one. I will always jump right in and get another. We have two dogs at our home, because we've got to have a spare to help get us through the lose of the other pup.

My thoughts go out to all of you and I hope you'll soon know the joys and headaches of another fluffy little bundle of love as soon as you are up to it.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                      raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to provide comfort at the end.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Karla.:squeeze:

Comment

I'm so sorry Karla
                            Is this haunted signature
                            actually
                            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                            also known as...
                            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I am so sorry Karla.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X