This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Is Upon Us!

E3 is just a few days away! I'll be there, who else from Micechat is going? Do any of you guys have PSPs? And what do you think of Microsoft's approach to the Xbox 360?

Microsoft is betting big again..they lost a fortune with Xbox, so let's ee what they will do with the new one..I'll most likely be there at some point to run in and out. this week is a busy one already. You may have to report back for us all!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I'll be there Wed for sure, possibly Fri. I'm anxious to get the skinny on the PS3, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far on the 360. Especially when they are admitting to being inspired by Apple designs! I'm curious to see the final specs and backwards-compatibility issues they faced. I'm also hoping Sony will go into the Cell technology aspect of the PS3, and give us a better idea of what to expect... I'll have my PSP with me, charged and ready...
      Honor those who fall under the sword.
      But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
        Microsoft is betting big again..they lost a fortune with Xbox, so let's ee what they will do with the new one..I'll most likely be there at some point to run in and out. this week is a busy one already. You may have to report back for us all!
        I think Microsoft is making some good choices, and others are a gamble. My making the controllers wireless out of the box? Good move, and I'm sure this will be the norm for all the next generation consoles. The graphics capabilities look amazing and quite powerful, however, the PS3 is supposed to be more powerful than the most high end computer. It's Nvidia graphics card is even better than the 6800! Another plus for Microsoft is the PC LAN link up. It's really cool to be able to stream media to a console via wireless network. I also think it's cool that it supports nearly every format under the sun, another great choice. So as far as specs and features go, XBOX 360 is a monster!

But them coming out so early is a bit of a gamble. In a way, it's good because it gives them an early start, and they know consumers will have one choice for consoles around Christmas time financially. But if we look at Sega, that may not always be the best choice! And with the PS3 hardware rumored to be more powerful than the Xbox, who knows!

Sony is still in the best position to surprise everyone, so I can't wait to hear what's in store for the PS3 and PSP.

Nintendo is dead lol...

Comment

Is it still Windows based?

FWIW, my son's GameCube has never crashed or locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
            I think Microsoft is making some good choices, and others are a gamble. My making the controllers wireless out of the box? Good move, and I'm sure this will be the norm for all the next generation consoles. The graphics capabilities look amazing and quite powerful, however, the PS3 is supposed to be more powerful than the most high end computer. It's Nvidia graphics card is even better than the 6800! Another plus for Microsoft is the PC LAN link up. It's really cool to be able to stream media to a console via wireless network. I also think it's cool that it supports nearly every format under the sun, another great choice. So as far as specs and features go, XBOX 360 is a monster!

But them coming out so early is a bit of a gamble. In a way, it's good because it gives them an early start, and they know consumers will have one choice for consoles around Christmas time financially. But if we look at Sega, that may not always be the best choice! And with the PS3 hardware rumored to be more powerful than the Xbox, who knows!

Sony is still in the best position to surprise everyone, so I can't wait to hear what's in store for the PS3 and PSP.

Nintendo is dead lol...
            LOL. Not quite, but seemingly with inoperable ailments. Sony and MS are just too big, and too superior in quality. Nintendo might be around for a while, though, aiming for the kiddie market, while the big 2 aim for the adults with the cash...

PS3 is going to be a great tie-in with the PSP. The PSX in Japan is supposed to be coming out with transfer capabilities, so you can throw your DVD onto the PSX, and have it transfer it, and downsize it, onto your memory stick on your PSP. If their current design does that, what do you think the PS3 will be capable of? I wonder if they'll try to integrate the DVR functionality that was rumoured a while back... That would certainly put it into more of a living room component category...

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
              LOL. Not quite, but seemingly with inoperable ailments. Sony and MS are just too big, and too superior in quality. Nintendo might be around for a while, though, aiming for the kiddie market, while the big 2 aim for the adults with the cash...

PS3 is going to be a great tie-in with the PSP. The PSX in Japan is supposed to be coming out with transfer capabilities, so you can throw your DVD onto the PSX, and have it transfer it, and downsize it, onto your memory stick on your PSP. If their current design does that, what do you think the PS3 will be capable of? I wonder if they'll try to integrate the DVR functionality that was rumoured a while back... That would certainly put it into more of a living room component category...
              That would be awesome...

As for Nintendo, Gamepro reported that the Revolution system would be at about half the graphical power of the PS3 and XBOX 360, but will also sell at a lower price point. Nintendo can market towards the kids all they want, but no kid can appreciate a Zelda game like an adult. After all, we grew up playing the originals! It's sad to think that such a great franchise is doomed on an unworthy system. I won't be buying a Revolution just to play Zelda...

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz
                Is it still Windows based?

Supposedly, it runs Windows XP.

I've never had any problems with my PS2 or PSP... And the games are still better too!

And in case you're wondering what the graphical power of the PS3 is, look at these screens form the game 2 Days to Vegas

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/744/744412/imgs_1.html

DAMN! And that's a 1ST GENERATION TITLE, can you imagine what games will look like once developers are able to exploit the system's power?!?!
                Last edited by Soulquarian; 05-16-2005, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry don't meant to break the discussion here, but...

There is some news posted on the Buena Vista Games that are coming out and I guess are being previewed at E3... Up in the news thread... FYI...
                  Check out my other blog:

Comment

My brother works for Nokia and his wife works for Capcom so they will be there. She does marketing for Resident Evil.

Nokia Games for phones are about to take off even stronger. This is the next big thing.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Revolution will own! They got wireless internet and apparently, the graphic power of XBox 360(which is only called that because they think a bigger number in the name will make it move off shelves)
                      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                      sigpic
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi
                        Revolution will own! They got wireless internet and apparently, the graphic power of XBox 360(which is only called that because they think a bigger number in the name will make it move off shelves)
                        It doesn't feature wireless internet, or the graphical power of either the Xbox 360 or the PS3. It CAN connect to other Revolutions wirelessly, but not to the internet (at least not as of yet). And Nintendo announced that the Revolution would not be in competition with PS3 and Xbox 360 and that its specs are midlevel. That basically means cheaper price and less graphical power...

But in the end specs don't matter, games do, and that's where Nintendo falls flat on its pasta eating face... Zelda and Mario can only get you so far...

Comment

It doesn't feature wireless internet, or the graphical power of either the Xbox 360 or the PS3. It CAN connect to other Revolutions wirelessly, but not to the internet (at least not as of yet). And Nintendo announced that the Revolution would not be in competition with PS3 and Xbox 360 and that its specs are midlevel. That basically means cheaper price and less graphical power...

But in the end specs don't matter, games do, and that's where Nintendo falls flat on its pasta eating face... Zelda and Mario can only get you so far...
                          True on the specs. Revolution will be just barely higher than the PS2 graphically, which aint gonna cut it in the battle of the systems. Their limited wireless connectivity is, much like the DS, a niche specialty, which is an interesting concept, but not good enough, or well-planned enough to make any difference. Their performance suffers in their attemp to do something different. Nintendo has become the kid on the playground who eats worms - sure, he's unique, and watching him is fun for a few minutes, but who wants to spend any real time with the guy, let alone be his friend. They need to remember it's substance and performance that makes a system, not flash in the pan gimmics...

As for games, I basically agree with you. The Resident Evil games and Lucas properties are the only real powerhouse games for Nintendo now. If they lose those, they've got what amounts to a Saturday morning cartoon lineup of games. Sad...

Comment

Ok, Sony had its first press conference earlier today, and here's what they unvieled:

You can see more pictures at 1up.com. Personally, I'm not feeling the design, and the controller looks awful... But it TRUMPS Xbox 360 by a lot! I can't wait to see wait games are in store for it.

For full specs check out 1up.com
                            Last edited by Soulquarian; 05-17-2005, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Okay, so i'm just going to practically copy what I put in another board and paste it into here.... I just hope that with the new gaming systems, that better, more original games will follow suit. The PS3 controller is pretty horrible looking, not to mention that the silver looks like it would wear off quickly. And is that the same font that is used in the "Spiderman" films?? Not like that matters but it's just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by girl anachronism
                                Okay, so i'm just going to practically copy what I put in another board and paste it into here.... I just hope that with the new gaming systems, that better, more original games will follow suit. The PS3 controller is pretty horrible looking, not to mention that the silver looks like it would wear off quickly. And is that the same font that is used in the "Spiderman" films?? Not like that matters but it's just an observation.
                                I thought the same thing about the font.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the font.
                                  I just compared it to the Spiderman font, and it is the same. How lame is that, couldn't they of created their own original font? But then again it does say that it's subject to change without notice...

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz
                                    Long live my GameCube and Nintendo for that matter! My NES still works just fine and it's HOW old? Quality!

My boyfriend's co-workers own www.ngenres.com (that they kind of have abandoned) and are going so I hope to get information from them and you all to post in the news section about Disney games. I wish I could go. Enjoy yourself for those who go!

Comment

Originally posted by girl anachronism
                                      I just compared it to the Spiderman font, and it is the same. How lame is that, couldn't they of created their own original font? But then again it does say that it's subject to change without notice...
                                      Well Sony is the company that made Spiderman anyway, so... I don't know!

Comment

I don't know, I think I like the look of the 360 better - but then I'm an Apple fanatic, and the boys at MS said they were inspired by Apple designs, and the iPod specifically, so maybe I'm just biased! The PS3 controller looks too much like a Batarang for my liking, and I'd prefer to see "PS3" on the console, rather than "Playstation 3" in Spidey Sans Serif... I look at it as though it's something they want to toss into living rooms. If that's the case, then the PS3 logo would be more fitting to an entertainment center piece, and the vertical orientation had better be optional... Throw that thing in your living room, and it'll look more like a monolith from 2001 than an entertainment system... That being said, I do like the white and black versions more than the silver. But if you have, say, a Grand Wega and a Sony Surround system, the silver will fit right in...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X