X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas to bring 200 stormtroopers to the 118th Rose Parade

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...a/16217142.htm

Not long from now, in our very own galaxy, the "Star Wars Spectacular" will bring an intergalactic spirit - and 200 stormtroopers - to the 118th annual Tournament of Roses parade.

Grand Marshal George Lucas will be accompanied by two "Star Wars"-themed floats and an army of costumed storm troopers. Lucas, 62, invited the evil soldiers (really costumed superfans from all over the world) to march with him during the New Year's Day parade in Pasadena.

The stormtroopers belong to a fan club called the 501st Legion, which boasts 3,000 members who appear at fundraisers and charitable events. Members create their own costumes, which can cost up to $1,000 each.
    Other "Star Wars" characters will ride floats in the parade. Four Ewoks will be aboard the Forest Moon of Endor float, from the "Return of the Jedi" era. The Naboo: The Garden Planet float, from the recent "Star Wars" trilogy, will carry three Queens of Naboo and two Jedi protectors.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: George Lucas to bring 200 stormtroopers to the 118th Rose Parade

Cuz nothing says joyous holiday like 200 totalitarian thugs marching down the street.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm........I have no comment on this really.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
        Hmmm........I have no comment on this really.
        I comment by saying I have no comment - brilliant David - really brilliant. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
          Cuz nothing says joyous holiday like 200 totalitarian thugs marching down the street.

:lol:
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
            I comment by saying I have no comment - brilliant David - really brilliant. Whatever.
            Even if you decide not to decide you still have made a choice.

- Rush.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Here is one thought, how many of those 200 Storm Troopers plan to visit Star Tours... just what Disney needs, more crowds for the holidays.....
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

:lol:

Even if you decide not to decide you still have made a choice.

- Rush.
                :bow: very true

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                Here is one thought, how many of those 200 Storm Troopers plan to visit Star Tours... just what Disney needs, more crowds for the holidays.....
                :lol: exactly - I won't be there.

Comment

superfans is an understatement...

http://www.501st.com/
                  Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                    As long as they don't bring strollers, it's fine.

I wish I could go, my kids would looooove it!

Comment

That's gonna look so cool to see them marching.
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

They do something similar during Star Wars Weekends at MGM. Kinda give you the heebie jeebies to see them marching, followed by Darth Vader and Emperor Papaltine.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X