X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

Hello my MiceChat Family:

As some of you may already know, Kristi's Dad has been in and out of the hospital since June of this year battling a combination of COPD, Chronic Heart Disease and other ailments.

I'm sad to say that at 1:44 this morning he lost his fight.

In the end, he died peacefully, not in his sleep, but he was heavily sedated on morphine and didn't feel any pain. He was surrounded by those who love him, Kristi, My Mother In-Law and myself.

It was a sad thing but after he passed he looked at peace for the first time in a very long time.

He had just come home last Friday from a 3 week hospital stay and said Friday night that he would not be going back to the hospital. There was nothing they could do for him and they were just prolonging the inevitable.

We called Hospice on Saturday and they gave us the things we needed to make his passing peaceful.

We were happy that Kristi got to spend one last Birthday with her Dad and we all got one last Christmas.

Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers this week. I'm not sure when I will be able to give further updates as I'm just home to get clothes for Kristi and I and then heading back to the house. We are staying with my Mother In-Law tonight.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts during this time.

Gregg

Re: Sad News

Indeed, you're in my prayers. Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Oh Gregg I'm so sorry :ghug: Please give Kristi my love and let her know our thoughts are with her~
      Tina

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I will keep your family in my prayers. I am very sorry for your loss .

Comment

You are in our prayers as well - I am sorry for your loss.

Cheryl
          She did it!

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.
            I will keep you and your family in my thoughts :ghug:

Comment

You and your family are in my thoughts. :squeeze:
              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm so sorry, but at the same time I'm glad that he passed peacefully and you did get to spend one last holiday together!
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

You and your family are in my prayers as well. So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Gregg, So sorry for your loss. Your family is definitely in my prayers during this difficult time.
                    Originally posted by aashee
                    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Gregg and Kristi..

My thoughts and prayers for you and the family. Sorry for your loss.
                      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Prayers to you and your family. What a blessing that he was at home and comfortable. :squeeze:
                        A signature should go here.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Gregg, I just wanted to give you guys my deepest sympathies and that you and the kids and especially Kristi are in my thoughts. It's hard to loose a parent no matter what. I couldn't imagine so during the holidays. But as someone who knows what its like, take comfort in the fact that he isn't suffering anymore and that always helps. If there's anything ya need just holler.

And yes we definitely need to get together soon. I miss you guys.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your micechat family is indeed here for you!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X