This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks Near Disneyland?

Ok, so since they created the parking structure I haven't driven around the DLR area at all. I get off at Disneyland Drive, then take the bridge straight to the parking structure. There have been times when I have been craving a hot chocolate or tea at Starbucks ... but I don't know where one is in the area.

So, can anybody tell me where the nearest Starbucks is around there? I figure there has to be like two or four in the immediate vicinity.

Re: Starbucks Near Disneyland?

there's one in the Anaheim Marriot on W. Convention way and one in the Hilton Lobby
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
      Ok, so since they created the parking structure I haven't driven around the DLR area at all. I get off at Disneyland Drive, then take the bridge straight to the parking structure. There have been times when I have been craving a hot chocolate or tea at Starbucks ... but I don't know where one is in the area.

So, can anybody tell me where the nearest Starbucks is around there? I figure there has to be like two or four in the immediate vicinity.
      Surprisingly, there really aren't as many as you would think. I've been to the one in the Block of Orange shopping center not far away, and in "The Crossings" on Katella across from the Stadium.
      I just checked their website store locator and found that they have stores inside the Anaheim Hilton and Marriott as Adelade posted above.

For the life of me I don't understand why there isn't a Starbucks or Coffee Bean, etc in DTD. Seems like it would be a natural.

--Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

When we stayed at the Hilton Anaheim, the teenage boy traveling with us, would run and get one of those fancy Latte's from Starbucks, and drink it while we walked to Disneyland.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thanks guys! I didn't check about looking at the website, but at least now I know where to go.

And Barry, I was thinking the same thing ... why isn't there one in DTD? Around where I live there's like 7 of them just a few minutes away.

Comment

I think Starbucks is well aware of how hard they would be hit if they opened a location in DTD... you would need a Fast Pass to get your Venti Mocha!! Maybe in that Garden Walk place, or whatever it is that they are building?
            It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post

And Barry, I was thinking the same thing ... why isn't there one in DTD? Around where I live there's like 7 of them just a few minutes away.
              You would think that one of the chains, anyway, would have a presence there...what with all the foot traffic, and hotel guests that would bring them business in the early morning.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                I think Starbucks is well aware of how hard they would be hit if they opened a location in DTD... you would need a Fast Pass to get your Venti Mocha!! Maybe in that Garden Walk place, or whatever it is that they are building?
                But I have an AP! Wouldn't that give me the privilege of bypassing all the "regular folks" if they opened one in DTD!?!:lol:

Comment

I don't want to turn this into a major debate thread...but it sure seems to me that Starbucks has locations in places with more people than the DLR...downtowns in major cities and the like...and somehow they handle it. It would be the first time I'd ever heard of a business not opening because there'd be too many customers.

--Barry

Comment

Maybe the rent is too high.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      I don't want to turn this into a major debate thread...but it sure seems to me that Starbucks has locations in places with more people than the DLR...downtowns in major cities and the like...and somehow they handle it. It would be the first time I'd ever heard of a business not opening because there'd be too many customers.

--Barry
                      Bussiness men and women on their way to work as compared to men and women with strollers and screaming kids on their way to Disneyland.

Yeah, it's not really a close tie as to who I'd cater to. And according to news reports Starbucks is already spreading themselves a little thin due to how quickly they're expanding. I'm really not surprised. However there is a nice little place that serves Seattle's Best on Harbor Blvd, and Seattle's Best is a subsidiary of Starbucks anyway. I usually just close my eyes and pretend.
                      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

there's also a Starbucks inside the lobby of the Hyatt Regency OC, but its down Harbor a ways from the parks.
                        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                        -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                        Originally posted by pratt55
                        Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Speaking of... the Starbucks closest to WDW that I know of is in the outlet mall down the road from our DTD.

Comment

Bussiness men and women on their way to work as compared to men and women with strollers and screaming kids on their way to Disneyland.
                            Last thought as I completely beat a dead horse...In the mornings, I would see a Starbucks catering mainly to DLR hotel guests.

My wife loves a good cup of coffee...she thinks Peet's is far better than Starbucks BTW...and the morning we were at GCH, we woke up and had to leave the area to get a cup. In our opinion, by the way, though they may be affiliated, Seattle's Best is nowhere near as good. Matter of taste.

Those "women and strollers" riding trams to DL are taken past the heart of Downtown Disney to the entry plaza. Perhaps, as Barbaraann suggests, it is a matter of high rental. Otherwise, it still makes no sense to me.

I've said enough.

Barry

Comment

RE: The No Starbucks in DTD Problem:

I'm pretty sure that there is no Starbucks(or other large-chain coffee house) because of a contract with Compass Books. I believe that since Compass Books has a coffee shop, there was some contract signed regarding Compass Books having a "monopoly" of sorts on the coffee business in DTD.

Also, Compass Book's Coffee Shop has pretty good coffee, tea, and hot cocoa, on par(or possibly better) than any local Starbucks. Whenever I go to the Disneyland Resort, and I want a coffee fix, Compass Books is my stop.

Hope that Helps!
                              DISNEYLAND GUY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X