This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney... by Neal Gabler

Vic and I just got back from a cruise of the Caribbean. (Sorry, didn't see any pirates!) I spent a lot of time reading "Walt Disney - The Triumph Of The American Imagination" by Neal Gabler.

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!

Any questions?

Up to now, "Walt Disney, An American Original" by Bob Thomas has been the definative biography of Uncle Walt. It's still a great book and you should read it... but:

Gabler's book is longer, more detailed and a wonderful read. You really get a sense of who Walt Disney was and you love him even more.

Please, please, please: Get this book and read it!
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-08-2007, 07:35 PM.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Re: Walt Disney... by Neal Gabler

Currently reading it. I tried to finish it during Christmas break, but I ended up working.

Comment

I bought it and lost it. Would love to read it.
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I think I saw this one at Barnes & Noble last month. I only read the last few pages. But I do want to buy it someday and read the whole thing.
        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Have to agree on the comparison to the Bob Thomas version.
          Mr. Gablers version is much more candid and personable.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Have it, have not yet read it.

Comment

I'm tempted to get it.
              I've heard a lot of great reviews of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
                I'm tempted to get it.
                I've heard a lot of great reviews of it.
                Don't be tempted. GET THIS BOOK AND READ IT!
                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                  Don't be tempted. GET THIS BOOK AND READ IT!
                  Uh oh. TC's using a Jedi mind trick on me.

I will get this book and read it.

Comment

I'm reading it right now myself. I'm in the 'adrift" chapter. Its a great book.

Comment

I'm on page 50.

What's with the binding of this book? :blink: It's got that whole 19th century first edition Dickens thing going on.

I'm enjoying the book very much, but you have to hand it to Neal for being so verbose. The man has quite the vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                        I'm on page 50.

What's with the binding of this book? :blink: It's got that whole 19th century first edition Dickens thing going on.

I'm enjoying the book very much, but you have to hand it to Neal for being so verbose. The man has quite the vocabulary.
                        I noticed that too.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
                          Uh oh. TC's using a Jedi mind trick on me.

I will get this book and read it.

We will have to get him to use his Jedi mind powers on Rasulo.

"You will read Walt Disney- The Triumph of the American Imagination. Oh and while you are at it, you will give a discount to Micechatters on merchandise and booze."

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                            We will have to get him to use his Jedi mind powers on Rasulo.

"You will read Walt Disney- The Triumph of the American Imagination. Oh and while you are at it, you will give a discount to Micechatters on merchandise and booze."
                            Oh, if I could!

Everyone in the Disney corporation should read this book and learn what the whole thing is (WAS) all about. I may personally send Mr. Rasulo a copy.

Please, please, please, MiceChatters: read this book! If you can't afford a copy or your local library doesn't have a copy... PM me.

Comment

Must agree. It is a very excellent book. It goes into detail and more explainations than any other Walt biography.
                              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X