Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Any gymnastics fans?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any gymnastics fans?

    Any gymnastics fans on here?

    Me, i'm a big fan, love to watch the sport, but don't follow too much. I know about most US gymnasts and read up on their standings, but that's all I know.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

  • #2
    Re: Any gymnastics fans?

    I love watching gymnastics but I wish it was televised more often then just the Olympics every 4 years.

    Do you have certain websites that you enjoy that keep you updated?


    It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Any gymnastics fans?

      I love to watch gymnastics! I took tumbling growing up, along with ballet, tap and jazz -- but I never did gymnastics. For that reason floor exercise is always my favorite, I guess because I can remember doing some of that stuff. When they get on the equipment, I just stand in awe -- never dreamed of doing that. I think EagleWing was a really good gymnast, probably still is! :bow:










      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Any gymnastics fans?

        I grew up in gymnastics, I was at state level when I had to quit. I still go to the gym once or twice a week to work on tumbling though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Any gymnastics fans?

          Originally posted by Earkid View Post
          I love watching gymnastics but I wish it was televised more often then just the Olympics every 4 years.

          Do you have certain websites that you enjoy that keep you updated?
          It's televised a few times every year on NBC. The major meets like Visa Championships (usually in August), the American Cup (March, I think) and the World Championships (usually november). I miss the fun competitions that they used to have like the Reese's Cup or the Rock and Roll challenge.

          Websites are mostly gymnastics magazine websites, but they keep you updated:
          http://www.intlgymnast.com/
          http://www.insidegymnastics.com/
          http://www.usa-gymnastics.org/

          I was a gymnast (not as good as EagleWings was) for close to 10 years, but still love to watch it. I swear, watch it on tv and they make it look so easy and effortless, doing handsprings on something 4 inches wide.
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Any gymnastics fans?

            Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
            I grew up in gymnastics, I was at state level when I had to quit. I still go to the gym once or twice a week to work on tumbling though.
            Sorry I left the s off your screen name when I mentioned you!

            I loved tumbling, so much fun. Do you miss gymnastics? If I didn't still dance I am sure I would miss tumbling a lot more.

            Audrey, you dance, right? What kind? And did you ever take tumbling or gymnastics?










            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Any gymnastics fans?

              Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
              Audrey, you dance, right? What kind? And did you ever take tumbling or gymnastics?
              I did recreational gymnastics for close to 10 years and competed for 2 years, but after not liking competition, I quit, plus I had graduated high school, so it was time to move on.

              I Irish Dance and this is my 3rd year, but not sure how much longer I will be doing it. I am thinking about quitting, but not sure.
              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                I did recreational gymnastics for close to 10 years and competed for 2 years, but after not liking competition, I quit, plus I had graduated high school, so it was time to move on.

                I Irish Dance and this is my 3rd year, but not sure how much longer I will be doing it. I am thinking about quitting, but not sure.
                Why are you thinking of quitting Irish Audrey?


                It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                  Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
                  Sorry I left the s off your screen name when I mentioned you!

                  I loved tumbling, so much fun. Do you miss gymnastics? If I didn't still dance I am sure I would miss tumbling a lot more.
                  Oh yeah I miss gymnastics so much! It's why I continue to go to the gym and work on tumbling!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                    Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                    I did recreational gymnastics for close to 10 years and competed for 2 years, but after not liking competition, I quit, plus I had graduated high school, so it was time to move on.

                    I Irish Dance and this is my 3rd year, but not sure how much longer I will be doing it. I am thinking about quitting, but not sure.
                    I want to do Irish dance really badly. Do you go to any academies for it? I've been considering the Larson academy in Fullerton.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                      What ever happened to Dominique Moceanu?
                      Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                        Originally posted by goofygoof View Post
                        What ever happened to Dominique Moceanu?
                        She attempted a comeback in 2000 and did pretty well and then earlier last year after many injuries kept her from tyring before, but when she didn't make the team for the Visa Championships, I think she just gave up. But, she got married in november, and I know she still coaches and goes to school in Cleveland, OH.
                        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                          Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                          I want to do Irish dance really badly. Do you go to any academies for it? I've been considering the Larson academy in Fullerton.
                          An academy is just a fancy name for a place of Irish Dance. I just go the the local fine arts center, but that group is taught by instructors from a very well-know school of Irish Dance located about 30 minutes from here.

                          As far as me quitting, it's for alot of reasons. I'm having a much harder time learning all the steps, there are 2 new steps we've been working on for 15 weeks and I still can't get them and there is no time with 8 girls for the instructor to help me out. I was semi able to do those steps before the 3 week Christmas break, but now I can't do anything. That and I haven't been getting along with the others in the class as well as I used to. It's almost like certain people only talk to me because they feel they have to (and believe me, you can tell), and i'd rather them not talk to me then feel obligated. I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm a quiet person anyways.
                          I've been in a weird burned-out feeling kinda funk lately, I don't want to do anything, I have to drag myself to go to school and pay attention in classes and I just don't look forward to dance like I used to.
                          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                            Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                            She attempted a comeback in 2000 and did pretty well and then earlier last year after many injuries kept her from tyring before, but when she didn't make the team for the Visa Championships, I think she just gave up. But, she got married in november, and I know she still coaches and goes to school in Cleveland, OH.

                            I remember her 'Devil Went Down To Georgia' routine at the '96 oly's and how much energy she gave. The beam and her hitting her head, the cault troubles. Then I read about trouble with her parents managment of her career and finances, switching coaches, her mom and sis moving in with her, then her dads cancer? I think he had.

                            It's weird not hearing about the "Mag 7" and what they've been up to. I liked Moceanu the best though, lucky guy whoever married her! I haven't been able to watch gymnastics since
                            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Any gymnastics fans?

                              Originally posted by goofygoof View Post
                              I remember her 'Devil Went Down To Georgia' routine at the '96 oly's and how much energy she gave. The beam and her hitting her head, the cault troubles. Then I read about trouble with her parents managment of her career and finances, switching coaches, her mom and sis moving in with her, then her dads cancer? I think he had.

                              It's weird not hearing about the "Mag 7" and what they've been up to. I liked Moceanu the best though, lucky guy whoever married her! I haven't been able to watch gymnastics since
                              The Mag 7 had a reunion back in August since it had been 10 years since they had won the gold. I think there are pics on Dominique's website. (or were before they re-designed it and are in the process or putting everything back on)

                              I know a little of what they are up to these days, from what i've read. Amanda Borden and Jaycie Phelps are both married and own a gym in Arizona, Shannon Miller is in Law School and I think is getting divorced, she recently retired from gymanstics for good, she was doing some performances here and there. Kerri Strug works in Washington DC, Dominique Dawes, i'm not sure, and Amy Chow I think is a doctor is California.
                              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X