This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to live in Burbank?

Alright, I tried to place this thread to where it works the best.

I'm a former cast member from Florida and am planning to work in Burbank on another internship in the future. However, being from Washington state, I have to find a living arangement. Do any of you know of good, affordable areas to live in the area?

Here's the additional issue: It would have to be around a 6th month lease. I do not know if complexes will do this or even lease for shorter periods of time.

Got any input?
    Last edited by DocPaddock; 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM.
    Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Re: Where to live in Burbank?

Try these two links:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/apa/

And

http://www.move.com/advancedsearch.a...yp=P&styp=rent

You're bound to find someplace that will offer a 6 month lease. Most apartment complexes will do that.

As far as affordable, it depends on what you mean by that. Any decent 1 bedroom apartment within driving distance of Burbank will likely run around $1000/month.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I suppose affordable is always in one's own definition. It all depends on what Disney wants to pay me as the payscale is not always listed on the internships until you are hired.

Thanks for the links, I have a fealing I will be picking up a second job down there to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by DocPaddock View Post
        I suppose affordable is always in one's own definition. It all depends on what Disney wants to pay me as the payscale is not always listed on the internships until you are hired.

Thanks for the links, I have a fealing I will be picking up a second job down there to make it work.
        You could also think about finding a house share situation. There are always lots of ads for that on Craigslist.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I'd be worried about sharing a place with a stranger I have never met before. There's a lot of scary people out there.

Comment

There are complexes that do short-term leases but not many. Usually the shortest any would go would be 7 months. These places are really hard to come by though.

Comment

You could also look at some other areas in the Valley within decent commuting distance of Burbank. Glendale, perhaps, or North Hollywood (but to be fair, all areas of the valley have their good parts and their bad parts, so you need to be careful where you go)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X