• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goin2DL
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Snow in Tucson!

I can't belive it. It started snowing around 3 o'clock this afternoon and it is still snowing. It is sticking and we now have about an inch on our wall and pool fence! I will post pictures soon.
  • Dr. Earkid
    GO DBACKS!!
    • Jan 2005

Re: Snow in Tucson!

I'd love to see pics! We are in Phoenix and we had the darkest clouds today. They reminded me of the snow clouds I would see when we lived in Tulsa. I wouldn't be surprised if we woke up to ice and frost up here tomorrow.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

• Goin2DL
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

Here is my front walkway and driveway.

This is a pot on my front yard.
      My umbrella in the back yard

My pool fence.

Wild, huh?

Comment

• BFJen
        For You!
        • Feb 2006

Wow! I hope you at least went out and had a snowball fight!
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• Dr. Earkid
          GO DBACKS!!
          • Jan 2005

OOOOOH Nifty!! Is it still snowing? Has the news been reporting when was the last time it snowed in Tucson?

Comment

• Goin2DL
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
            OOOOOH Nifty!! Is it still snowing? Has the news been reporting when was the last time it snowed in Tucson?
            It stopped about a 1/2 hour ago. I haven't watched the news, I will at 10. The last time that I can remember was about 5 years ago. But, then it was in the morning and only lasted a couple of hours. The last time I can remember it snowing at night and staying untill morning was Christmas Eve of 1997.

Comment

• Goin2DL
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

It hasn't snowed any more, but it stuck overnight. The schools are delayed for 2 hours (of course my son thinks we shouldn't have to go at all). The roads are icy and I am terrified to drive on them because I have never driven on ice before.

Earkid, I heard that they had some snow flurries in Phoenix, did you get any?

Comment

• Dr. Earkid
                GO DBACKS!!
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Goin2DL View Post
                It hasn't snowed any more, but it stuck overnight. The schools are delayed for 2 hours (of course my son thinks we shouldn't have to go at all). The roads are icy and I am terrified to drive on them because I have never driven on ice before.

Earkid, I heard that they had some snow flurries in Phoenix, did you get any?
                We didn't get any where we live in North Phoenix but my SIL did in Scottsdale. The clouds were so dark and awesome I was amazed it didn't at least hail. This morning there were several car wrecks blamed on black ice on over passes. Reminds me of when we lived in Tulsa and got ice storms all the time. ick

They showed pics of Tucson's snow on the news last night. Good luck on the ice today.

Comment

• Goin2DL
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Earkid View Post
                  They showed pics of Tucson's snow on the news last night. Good luck on the ice today.
                  I started to drive into work today and got turned around before one of the bridges over the freeway. I thought about going an altenate route but then I decided that I was to wimpy to even try it it and came home!

Comment

• Dr. Earkid
                    GO DBACKS!!
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Goin2DL View Post
                    I started to drive into work today and got turned around before one of the bridges over the freeway. I thought about going an altenate route but then I decided that I was to wimpy to even try it it and came home!
                    Good for you!! I would have done the same. Ice is no fun, especially when you are around other drivers that can't drive on it either.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X