This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PirateMunkee's New Art

Ok, so it has been real dead at Knott's and instead of getting bored out of my mind, I pulled out my sketchbook and played around with some sketches. Mind you that these aren't my best...just trying not to be bored but thought I would share them anyways...

Jack Sparrow...

Walt "The Man" Disney...

Davy Jones (I really like how this one came out!!)...

Jay and Silent Bob (My Heroes!!)...

PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Re: PirateMunkee's New Art

Excellent! Love them.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Here's some Pen and Ink stuff I did awhile back...

My Brain during mid-terms...

The field is ripe and ready for harvest...

Fighting the Kraken...

and here's a watercolor I did from the "Crew's Nest" (Our cafeteria at Knott's)...

PirateMunkee

Comment

Did you draw these without looking at photos?

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
          Did you draw these without looking at photos?
          Are you kidding??!! I'm not DaVinci but even DaVinci had live models. My pen and ink stuff I did out of my head but my watercolor I did right there on my break. You need pictures to go by as reference. Even as a portrait artist I need a live model.
          PirateMunkee

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
            Are you kidding??!! I'm not DaVinci but even DaVinci had live models. My pen and ink stuff I did out of my head but my watercolor I did right there on my break. You need pictures to go by as reference. Even as a portrait artist I need a live model.
            Nope i wasn't kidding. My apologies for the blond moment.

Comment

Nope i wasn't kidding. My apologies for the blond moment.
              I know. I don't know anybody who can draw people out of their head unless they have drawn then so many times.
              PirateMunkee

Comment

You have a gift. I admire anyone who can draw. Those were fantastic
                HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Great drawings, excellent talent.
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Those are all awesome! You are very talented!

Comment

And since alot of people are newbies here....Here is my paintings....not all, just the Disney Ones....

Self Portrait...

Magic Kingdom...

Magic Kingdom in the Rain...

Magic Kingdom in the dark (Painted from photo that a micechatter posted here awhile back)...

PirateMunkee

Comment

Well, you certainly are drawing people to these magnificent eorks of art, PirateMunkee. One consistant that i Have noticed is your natural knack for shading. Davy Jones is "out of this world" dramatic. I'd love to see Walt sketched as a swarthy swahsbuckler!

GhostRider must be a professional "model" as I can see that it stood perfectly still for you. It's amazing that you were able to capture the coaster during lunch break in one sitting. This means you accomplished the work in what...15 minutes...a half-hour? GR is a lot wilder than it appears when viewing it from within the park.

Your pics of the exploding brain, dark harvest, and kraken could very well be professional illustrations in a book. The Disney paintings are quite striking and gorgeous. Sure know how to make a castle shimmer.
                        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-26-2007, 04:24 PM.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Excellent peices of paintings of the castle, Pirate. Kudos to you and your amazing skill. You outbeat Thomas Kinkade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post

GhostRider must be a professional "model" as I can see that it stood perfectly still for you. It's amazing that you were able to capture the coaster during lunch break, one sitting. This means you accomplished the work in what...15 minutes...a hale-hour? GR is a lot wilder than it appears when viewing it from within the park.
                            Thank You for the comments. GR was done on my Hour break. I learned to draw quick from my life drawing class. Enough 2 minute poses teaches to draw real quick. The Castle painting with Mickey in the clouds is real cool. I used florescent paints and then washed over using a pearlescent/iradescent paint. It sparkles as you walk past it.
                            PirateMunkee

Comment

Excellent peices of paintings of the castle, Pirate. Kudos to you and your amazing skill. You outbeat Thomas Kinkade!
                              I actually got kicked out of a Thomas Kinkade Gallery for bad mouthing his work in public. Just stated the obvious out loud that everything he does looks exactly like everything else he does. It looks like he just paints the same picture over and over and over again. No changing of styles and not only that,,,His students do the majority of his paintings and he just comes in and touches them up and signs his name to them. I became a legend in my painting class after I got kicked out. Real Artists hate Kinkade
                              PirateMunkee

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X