X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbaro - Takes a Turn For the Worse

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/29/sp...rssnyt&emc=rss

I hope the link works. I have been reading about this today, after seeing it on the news. The Kentucky Derby winner, Barbaro is not doing well at all. I figured, recently, that "no news was good news", and then we get this bad news.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Barbaro - Takes a Turn For the Worse

Sad story.
    That poor horse has been put through rigorious training and it's catching up to him.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

So sad - Barbaro has been euthanized
      ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Oh. Wow. I thought he was doing so well until I saw this thread. Poor guy.
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I just read that he was put down as well. Too bad. It's sad that they can't figure out more to help horses or any 4 legged animal in these situations. But, I guess they did all they could do.
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

That is such a shame to hear that they have had to put him down . I do however think that they did everything they could to save him.
            Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
            sigpic

Comment

Barbaro - you put up an heroic fight - may you now rest in peace.

--Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

The problem with horses is that their legs are under such stress that when something breaks it can't heal. I feel bad for this guy; he fought so hard but he kept getting infections.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Fark had one of the sickest submitted lines for this story: "Barbaro condition downgraded to glue." I laughed out loud at that and felt guilty afterward, because that was truly a magnificent animal. And I had money on him and watched him break down live.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Aw I feel bad but they did all they could for him and as they've stated on my local news, there's nothing else they could do for him the money will be better spent helping other horses now.

Comment

I was very sad to hear this news this week. My Wife and I have been following his progress and always hoping for the best.

What a beautiful animal and Champion.
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I don't know anything about this stuff, but when I watch Larry King interview the owner last night, I did get a bit choked up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X