Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Someone get Carl on the phone. He'll know what to do.
    "All right. Who wrote the moon rulez #1 on my freakin' car?!"

Comment

Boston, torch this dresser, for you are a Dirty White Boy!
      Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

ATHF is one of the few cartoons to ever make it to my PC as wallpaper...the other being Futurama.

I likes me some ATHF!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
          I only just got into this cartoon (2 weeks ago) but I LOVE it insanely. It's awesome.

Uhh, so I guess you don't want to talk about your well thought out statement about being 'Over 9-11, cus it was like six years ago..'

Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
            NOPE!

But guess who was? Thats right.....

Oh, and check out the totally awesome press conference the guys that put the signs up for Turner was!!
            http://wbztv.com/video/?id=28369@wbz.dayport.com

That could be the best video I have seen in a loooooooooooooong time. I love it, thanks for sharing it. Those guys probably have a tv show by now.

Comment

Always check with the legal department first, thats what they're there for:

Head of Cartoon Network resigns

Samples steps down over Boston fiasco

By John Dempsey
              Variety
              February 9, 2007

Jim Samples has resigned as executive VP and general manager of the Cartoon Network, in effect falling on his sword to atone for the network's disastrous promotional stunt that threw the city of Boston into an almost total panic on Jan. 30.

In a statement sent to the press, Samples said, "I feel compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."

Samples is referring to a guerrilla-marketing campaign in which Cartoon placed battery-powered boards with flashing lights outlining characters in its returning series "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on road signs and bridge spans and in subway stations.

With cities on edge over potential terrorist attacks, the Boston police shut down large parts of the city, treating Cartoon's electronic devices as potential explosives. Early last week, Cartoon agreed to pony up $2 million to reimburse the city for the disruption.

Mark Lazarus, president of the Turner Entertainment Group, thanked Samples in a statement for taking ultimate responsibility for the unfortunate incident, praising his 13 years as a Cartoon Network executive.

For the time being, Cartoon will not name an interim replacement for Samples. But all of the network's senior executives in charge of areas like programming, marketing and sales will now report to Lazarus until he names a successor.
              http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

That makes me a little mad at Boston for freaking out so much.

Comment

I'm supporting you for MC Public Safety Czar, good luck!
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Working...
                  X