Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PanTheMan
    started a topic The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

IS THERE NO MERCY!?!?!?!...ANIMALS!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070131/...ous_devices_22

BOSTON - Ten blinking electronic devices planted at bridges and other spots in Boston threw a scare into the city Wednesday in what turned out to be a publicity campaign for a late-night cable cartoon. At least one of the devices depicts a character giving the finger.
    Meatwad strikes again.....lol

• ALIASd
    replied
    Re: The Aqua Teen hunger Force strikes again!!!

I'm supporting you for MC Public Safety Czar, good luck!

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

That makes me a little mad at Boston for freaking out so much.

Leave a comment:

• ALIASd
    replied

Always check with the legal department first, thats what they're there for:

Head of Cartoon Network resigns

Samples steps down over Boston fiasco

By John Dempsey
    Variety
    February 9, 2007

Jim Samples has resigned as executive VP and general manager of the Cartoon Network, in effect falling on his sword to atone for the network's disastrous promotional stunt that threw the city of Boston into an almost total panic on Jan. 30.

In a statement sent to the press, Samples said, "I feel compelled to step down, effective immediately, in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch."

Samples is referring to a guerrilla-marketing campaign in which Cartoon placed battery-powered boards with flashing lights outlining characters in its returning series "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on road signs and bridge spans and in subway stations.

With cities on edge over potential terrorist attacks, the Boston police shut down large parts of the city, treating Cartoon's electronic devices as potential explosives. Early last week, Cartoon agreed to pony up $2 million to reimburse the city for the disruption.

Mark Lazarus, president of the Turner Entertainment Group, thanked Samples in a statement for taking ultimate responsibility for the unfortunate incident, praising his 13 years as a Cartoon Network executive.

For the time being, Cartoon will not name an interim replacement for Samples. But all of the network's senior executives in charge of areas like programming, marketing and sales will now report to Lazarus until he names a successor.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
    NOPE!

But guess who was? Thats right.....

Oh, and check out the totally awesome press conference the guys that put the signs up for Turner was!!
    http://wbztv.com/video/?id=28369@wbz.dayport.com

That could be the best video I have seen in a loooooooooooooong time. I love it, thanks for sharing it. Those guys probably have a tv show by now.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
    I only just got into this cartoon (2 weeks ago) but I LOVE it insanely. It's awesome.

Uhh, so I guess you don't want to talk about your well thought out statement about being 'Over 9-11, cus it was like six years ago..'

Okay.

Leave a comment:

• Demigod
    replied

ATHF is one of the few cartoons to ever make it to my PC as wallpaper...the other being Futurama.

I likes me some ATHF!

Leave a comment:

• BoygunaSurf
    replied

Boston, torch this dresser, for you are a Dirty White Boy!

Leave a comment:

• SpookyBear
    replied

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Someone get Carl on the phone. He'll know what to do.
    "All right. Who wrote the moon rulez #1 on my freakin' car?!"

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is amazingly too funny. I have no clue what the title has to do with it, though.

We have all become too skittish and wimpy. Drop a couple of D-cells on someone's desk and you'll find yourself answering questions in Quantico pronto.

Yeah... in today's paranoid environment it was a stupid idea. (Or was it? Those guys got a billion dollars worth of publicity for the cost of a few cheapy light-bright panels!)

Someone get Carl on the phone. He'll know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
    Oh, and check out the totally awesome press conference the guys that put the signs up for Turner was!!
    Funny as hell. I love it. Haircuts in the 70's rock. The reports can't seem to get a clue.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

most of us were joking about it at work today.... it was quite a great topic... to bad we cannot really use it tomorrow night... since its not Florida related.

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

I think the whole terrorist or whatever thing is lame, 9/11 was almost six years ago.
    Wow, that's just sick.

(I leave users to figure out what the pronoun "that" is referring to.)

Leave a comment:

• Mineux
    replied

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
    I love the show too...

I guess Boston was Not Amused....
    NOPE!

But guess who was? Thats right.....

Leave a comment:

• SusieP.
    replied

I'm just hoping it means we're getting some new episodes soon!

Apparently Boston was the perfect target for this marketing campaign, since NOBODY there recognized what the heck it was! Now they know.

Not a brilliant move by Cartoon Network though. They probably should have let someone official in on their plan before the whole city was shut down. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

As the saying goes, "All publicity is good publicity."

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

I cannot imagine finding a device where I am being flipped off, and thinking, "Hmm, this may be a bomb." Wow. Strong work Boston, strong work.

There is a real danger when we are too keyed up on any one issue, this is a great example.

As for marketing, how can you do much better than this? That show has had tremendous publicity in the last 24 hours, and let's remember, that is what it is all about.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied

I think the whole terrorist or whatever thing is lame, 9/11 was almost six years ago.

Uhh, WTF?

Leave a comment:

• EagleWings
    replied

I think the whole terrorist or whatever thing is lame, 9/11 was almost six years ago. These little boards looked like light-brights, people seriously need to stop walking around so scared.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Magic
    replied

Originally posted by testtrack321 View Post
    Blame the media.

I do, I blame Turner Broadcasting company for hiring morons who develop stupid ad campaigns.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X