This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not So Stinky

Tonight, on my way home, I swerved to avoid a skunk. I parked the car and discovered my new friend--alive and well--on the center island. So I did what any crazy animal lover would do: I stopped traffic and walked him across the street, then back to the center island and back to the curb and ... OK, you get the point. Finally I called the police who called the sheriff. Thirty minutes later the sheriff arived. The Sheriff asked if there had been contact between the skunk and I because they often have rabies; I said no. She then proceeded to tell me that she would most likely euthanize the animal (because we were a foot apart and it never sprayed me). She, of course, did not know that because I love Disney and am pure of heart, the skunk could not spray me. (Just a little side note: Please don't approach strange skunks and expect not to get sprayed. Just because you like Disney, and Skywaygrl said you have a pure heart, does not mean that you will have the same results.) Anyway, back to the story: I told her that if she was going to euthonize the skunk I had to leave because I could not watch. Fortunately, after the Sheriff examined the skunk, she said that it looked healthy and would leave it alone. I'm am now writing this and worrying about my new friend the skunk. Sometimes it sucks being an animal lover.

Last edited by Skywaygrl; 02-03-2007, 10:20 PM.

Re: Not So Stinky

Cute animal, so kind of you to take the time to help the skunk. Good thing you weren't sprayed!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Aww...sure they're stinky but they are kind of cute. I automatically was thinking of Flower when reading your post but after seeing the pictures, your little skunk friend looks more like the skunk from Over the Hedge. I'm glad it was not euthanized either.
      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

This reminds me...

I'll never stop in the middle of traffic to help an animal.

We were at a complete stop waiting for the dumb lady to help the dog. Some lady is helping a hurt dog across the street, some guy rear ends us at 45 MPH. I get bad, and i mean bad whiplash. We get taken to the hospital and get our bills paid by the guy who hit us. But he was distracted by the lady who was helping the dog. Later that day, The cops said they would of arrested the person helping the dog because she was the cause of the accident. She wasnt supposed to be in the middle of the street.

Comment

I am sorry that happened to you. I just can't stand by and let an animal get hit if I can help.

Comment

I had a friend who had a pet skunk, the glands were removed or something... I don't know.

Anyway, it was the cutest, most loving pet I've seen. I want a skunk.
            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Do you want me to ask my skunk if he wants to move in with you?

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
              I had a friend who had a pet skunk, the glands were removed or something... I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywaygrl View Post
                Do you want me to ask my skunk if he wants to move in with you?
                Well, it's like my daddy said on my wedding day. "Josh," he said, "there are two types of skunks. The nice cuddly kind that had their stink glands removed and make great pets, And the wild kind that would be scared it would spray in in the mouth and then start to eat your feet when you fall to the floor in pain."
                St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post

thats what I am thinking. this skunk may have been a pet. nice story and I am glad he was saved

Comment

Aw I'm so happy you were able to help the skunk and it wasn't euthanized. I too am an animal lover and would have stopped to help an injured animal and stuff. Glad to know there's other people out there with kind, pure hearts.

Comment

Aww, i'm glad you were able to help it
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Skunks:

Taste like chicken.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Awwwww.... cute little stinker!

I've heard of people finding abandoned baby skunks, having their stinker-makers removed & keeping them as pets. You can train them to use a litterbox like a cat.

Comment

Oh my gosh that thing is so cute! And my daughter wants one for a pet now that I told her what aimster just said about the litter box and saw the pictures!

Comment

My college campus used to have skunks all over the place. If you had your window open at night you almost always got a whiff. One time I accidentally cornered one in an outdoor hallway, luckily it didn't spray me. I thought for sure it would. It was pretty adorable though. I would love to see one who is kept as a pet, so I could actually pet it. Great story and glad that the skunk was okay.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X