Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

O'nuts 2007 guide to a better MiceChat post

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'nuts 2007 guide to a better MiceChat post

Yes folks, it's time once again for O'nuts tips for making the most of your posting.

Want to start a new thread? First thing you need is a good subject. Got it!

Next, do a little research to see if said thread idea has already been posted. See the "search" button up top? Search is your friend. If it's been posted, please do not start another thread of similar subject matter. Just add to the already created thread. It helps the reading masses, and keeps our mods a little saner from having to merge. I can't tell you how many times I've sent messages to the mods that "there's 2 threads already about this can we merge them please?". They love me that way

Next up, the thread title. Make it interesting. Catchy. Fun. Without being too wordy, or too obscure. Please no titles that say "Look here" or "Frontierland....." Also nothing like "Disneyland is the best place on earth". OK, thanks for that. We know that, that is why we are here!

Thread body. If you want to ask a question of your fellow MCers, do so, but add some anecdotes, or little stories of your own. Make it personal. But again, not too wordy. Too wordy = I am loosing interest and am likely not to continue reading.

Know when to wrap it up. You can go on and on and on and on about things without ever coming to a close. Close it up! You can always come back and add a post to your thread later.

And finally, if your thread is a serious thread where you really want to get a point across, or ask your fellow MCers their opinions on a subject: spell check. I know I take threads with full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling much more serious than if someone runs on a sentence and doesnt use punkutaion and splels incrorectecly/

And there you have part one of O'nut helpful hints. If you all have anything you'd like to add please, feel free to do so. Thank you for reading and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Re: O'nuts 2007 guide to a better MiceChat post

I've read this somewhere before. Did you do a search first?

Comment

You sure have, but its locked out. Hence the 2007 moniker

Comment

I love you Matt.

Comment

You're gonna kill me.........
          __________________________________________________ _

Yes folks, it's time once again for O'nuts tips for making the most of your posting.

Want to start a new thread?
          1. First thing you need is a good subject. Got it!
          2. Next, do a little research to see if said thread idea has already been posted. See the "search" button up top? Search is your friend. If it's been posted, please do not start another thread of similar subject matter. Just add to the already created thread. It helps the reading masses, and keeps our mods a little saner from having to merge. I can't tell you how many times I've sent messages to the mods that "there's 2 threads already about this can we merge them please?". They love me that way
          3. Next up, the thread title. Make it interesting. Catchy. Fun. Without being too wordy, or too obscure. Please no titles that say "Look here" or "Frontierland....." Also nothing like "Disneyland is the best place on earth". OK, thanks for that. We know that, that is why we are here!
          4. Thread body. If you want to ask a question of your fellow MCers, do so, but add some anecdotes, or little stories of your own. Make it personal. But again, not too wordy. Too wordy = I am loosing interest and am likely not to continue reading.
          5. Know when to wrap it up. You can go on and on and on and on about things without ever coming to a close. Close it up! You can always come back and add a post to your thread later.
          6. And finally, if your thread is a serious thread where you really want to get a point across, or ask your fellow MCers their opinions on a subject: spell check. I know I take threads with full sentences and proper punctuation and spelling much more serious than if someone runs on a sentence and doesnt use punkutaion and splels incrorectecly/

And there you have part one of O'nut helpful hints. If you all have anything you'd like to add please, feel free to do so. Thank you for reading and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I've read this somewhere before. Did you do a search first?
            *snicker*
            She did it!

Comment

Originally posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
              *snicker*
              *twix*

But on-topic...what if I like to missspeel wordz too sea iph ppl ken undastand wha' I meant and make me immortal in quotez?
              :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
              --------------------------------------------------------
              :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Gee but if I follow these rules I won't ever get to post again *smirk*
                ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Man, this makes me want to post a post that goes totally against your list! :evil:
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Too long, didnt reed.
                    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                    You set the bar I could not live up to
                    Tonight the light is breaking through
                    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                    Zebrahead

Comment

O-nut...loved the original...but somehow I like the sequel better! Which is odd because it is exactly the same thing.

I know that "Search" is my friend, but a couple of times I've started a duplicate thread even after sifting through four or five pages that the search has given me, because the title of the other thread might be misleading in some way.

So if at all possible, make sure the thread title reveals the subject matter of the thread as precisely as possible.

About long posts (and I've been known to have them occasionally) remember also that the "paragraph" is your friend.

I've seen thread opening posts that fill my computer screen, with one long run-on sentence.

Like O-nut, I'm far less likely to try to tackle those.

I think I've "said" enough now.

-- Barry
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
                        *twix*

But on-topic...what if I like to missspeel wordz too sea iph ppl ken undastand wha' I meant and make me immortal in quotez?
                        :blink: Reading that hurt my brain.

Comment

what?........ I could not understand your accent !

Comment

I'm just amazed that every topic on DL hasn't already been covered.
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Part 2 - Posting into threads someone else started.

Pick threads that are interesting to you, or that are in support of someone who might need it (but not to someone that is incessantly needy). Don’t go posting a comment into every single thread you see. Seriously, even -I- don’t have THAT much to comment on. Or, you need to go outside. Get some sun.

Please don’t bother with inane threads, you’re just feeding the original posters attempt for attention. No posts means the O.P. will go “well I guess nobody cares, I’ll move on too”. Ignore, it does a message board good!

So what have we learned in todays lesson? Short, clear, concise and to the point posts. And go outside!! Vitamin D is good for you
                              Last edited by Olympicnut; 02-06-2007, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X