Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Static issues

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static issues

I have major static problems, not just static-y hair, but all my clothing is as well and it's resulting in me getting shocked by almost everything I touch!!!

What can I do???
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Static issues

Hmm - can't help you with the getting shocked, but you might want to try rubbing a fabric softener sheet lightly on your clothing. Or, rub some lotion into your hands and rub that lightly on your clothing. Obviously you'll want to avoid doing this with dry-clean only clothing.

It worked for me when I used to wear skirts w/ pantyhose, hope it works for you.
    She did it!

Comment

Buy a can of Static Guard. They sell it with laundry stuff. Works like a charm.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yup. Static Guard is your friend. When it's all staticy I spray it on the bottom of my shoes. Works wonders.

Comment

Move to Seattle! I imagine with their rainfall and air moisture, static is not a problem.

My mom used Static Guard like crazy when I was growing up. It works great!

Comment

Get one of two things going in your home, either 1) A Humidifier or 2) A large saltwater aquarium, both work equally well, one costs more than the other however Okay, seriously, yes, a higher humidity in your home will reduce static electricity.
            HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
            "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

We have carpet in our office and a lot of times a client leaves the office and touches the door they get a shock. It's quite funny.

Comment

At the 99 cent store I saw fabric sheets that had the Care Bears on them
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

What a shocking problem!

I had to. I just had to.
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I have this, too. I think it's my super power, only I haven't learned how to harness it yet.
                    A signature should go here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X