Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Yo ho yo ho an actors life for me...I wish

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo ho yo ho an actors life for me...I wish

Did you read that Cameron Diaz got paid 3 MILLION dollars to appear in a 30 second commercial...It only took 6 hours to shoot. 3 MILLION freaking dollars for 6 hours work! That is just so crazy.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: Yo ho yo ho an actors life for me...I wish

I think Cameron Diaz is WAY over rated.

Comment

AHH! The life of movie star... I wonder what she has to pay in taxes...
      Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
      Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

The only reason Cameron has been popular recently was because of Justin. Now that they are not together anymore she is 'trying' to make a name for herself.

Comment

3 million for 6 hours work....That's like more than most people make in their lives let alone in 6 hours...That's like being paid $500,000 an hour!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
            The only reason Cameron has been popular recently was because of Justin. Now that they are not together anymore she is 'trying' to make a name for herself.
            While gossip is sometimes stronger than facts, it doesn't happen to be the case here. She's had quite a career, and apparent international appeal, before a simple boyfriend break-up:

Posted 8/29/2003 4:49 PM Updated 9/2/2003 11:23

Cameron Diaz is the world's highest-paid actress

Charlie's Angels films and There's Something About Mary, are approaching the pay given to male actors in Hollywood.
            http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-08-29-diaz_x.htm
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

That is true, she did have some major films but while she was dating him she didn't do much of anything but be the prize girlfriend.

Comment

^That's the reward for being hugely successful - enjoy your amassed fortune while sitting out bad scripts. Oh, and do a character in a 'Shrek' film.
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I don't think she's that good of an actress...Kinda annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                    I don't think she's that good of an actress...Kinda annoying.
                    "Damn you! I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!"
                    Alan Swann
                    Peter O'Toole in 'My Favorite Year'

Comment

Gee...3 mil for 6 hours of work.

How much did she get paid to have her hair smeared with "men's hair gel" in Something about Mary???

hehe

Comment

if i wasnt so darn shy, id be an actress too

Orlando doing good
                        http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                        Princess of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
                          3 MILLION freaking dollars for 6 hours work! That is just so crazy.
                          I don't make 3 million yet, but I am an actor, and see it a bit differently.

At Diaz level you aren't paid for your work you're paid for how much money YOU bring to the table. If you are proven to draw folks into the theatre, or you have high positive public perception points like her, you can quote 3 million because the producer knows she/he will recoup that.

If I'm Ton Hanks and just being in a pic raises the gross by dozens of millions, it's only fair I share in that. And the producer will bend over backwards because it's true.

On DL topic: same reason Disney spends a lot lobbying effort to keep the copyright law in their favor. It's not just protecting Walt's legacy, it's protecting their revenue stream.

Originally posted by ksejr1 View Post
                          if i wasnt so darn shy, id be an actress too
                          Many, many actors ARE shy ksejr1!!! There was a famous performer who performed thousands of times, and every time, just before he walked through the curtain, he'd almost get sick from the nervousness and butterflies. When you're performing, it's your character, not you. So if you're in the least bit interested in it, shyness won't stop you, only you can stop you. (hugs)

John

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X