Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

The Secret --- Anyone Know About This?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret --- Anyone Know About This?

A gal at work brought in a DVD last week. It was called, "The Secret". She was trying to get everyone on board to watch it. Personally, I am very skeptical about this type of thing. I am a Christian and feel it may be a lot of hot air. Several watched it, felt it was just bunk, and some loved it.

Have you seen it? What do you think?

http://thesecret.tv/behind-the-secret.html

Re: The Secret --- Anyone Know About This?

Newsweek had an article about this last week. They didn't care much for it, the book or the DVD. There is a scene in the DVD that has a woman in front of a jewelry store wishing for a necklace. Instantly the necklace appears around her neck. Good things come to those who wish for them. Give me a break!

This book has been on Oprah twice now and she has given her blessing to the thing. That means everyone wants it. I work at Barnes and Noble and we are having a difficult time keeping up with the demand. When that many people want something, (with the exception of Harry Potter) I am a bit sceptical.

I do believe you need to have a possitive attitude in life and to go out and get what you want from life. I don't need a book to tell me that.

Comment

Anyone remember EST of Lifespring from the 70's and 80's? Same thing, repackaged.

Comment

This is so weird. Someone just gave my husband this DVd to watch today. We haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I watched the 1st half of it.

I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think a lot of what they say is true. Such as the importance of being thankful for what you already have and the fact that you have power over your own feelings. I personally think it is to focused on material things, but that is what a lot of people think is most important.

I was glad that this guys lent it to my hubby because I am always telling him that he needs to think more positively.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X