X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ebay Scams - Buyers Beware!

Just wanted to warn everyone:

Last week, I had bid on some professional electronic equipment. About 3 hours prior to the auction's close, I got an email stating that my bid had been cancelled. I looked at the listing, and all bids were cancelled and labelled as "Wrong Bid". Shortly after, I got an email from someone posing as the seller, stating that he wanted $1,200 for the item (which was an amazingly low price), and that I could contact him directly at his email or phone number. What tipped me off that this might not be legit - while the email was through Ebay, it was done as a "Member has forwarded this item.", and he claimed it to be his.

Upon talking to my father, who was bidding on another high-end item by a completely different seller, it happened to him also.

My dad called Ebay, and there is a group of people who are hacking listings, cancelling all the bids, and then sending out emails to offer the items directly, posing as the sellers. For now, the people are still at large. These idiots are screwing up people's chances for selling their item, and also taking money from interested buyers.

My father and I received emails from the same person, giving us his phone number, and email address, which was something like "mccsellers". If you receive an Ebay listing from that person, report it to Ebay.

So, beware of any seller contacting you, offering to sell the item directly.

I just don't want to see anyone being ripped off.
    disneyphile@gmail.com

Re: New Ebay Scams - Buyers Beware!

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post

I just don't want to see anyone being ripped off.
    How do you ever get past airport security with that heart of gold?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Fradusters. Gotta love them. :botox:
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.....don't do Ebay much anymore, but if I find that perfect Aristocat item....you know I'm there!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
          How do you ever get past airport security with that heart of gold?
          :blush:

Well, I'm hoping that these suckers go down quickly, because they cost us both needed items at reasonable prices. My dad had the winning bid on his item, and probably would have won at the close. The seller didn't want to relist with Ebay, understandably so.
          disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Did you try calling this loser?? You should forward his info to the police.

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
            :blush:

Well, I'm hoping that these suckers go down quickly, because they cost us both needed items at reasonable prices. My dad had the winning bid on his item, and probably would have won at the close. The seller didn't want to relist with Ebay, understandably so.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X