This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE Fire in Sacramento

Very impressive looking fire in Sacramento.

http://www.news10.net/
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: HUGE Fire in Sacramento

How scary! I'm so glad I'm not there anymore.

Comment

Was just there yesterday.........no, I didn't do it!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Probably not too 'Impressive' if you live there, or are fighting the fire. A better word might be 'terrifying' 'devestating' etc.

Comment

Holy crap, I was within feet of that location twice today. I rode from Discovery Park to Folsom and back, and the bike trail goes right under the trestle and parallels it for a bit. No, I didn't light the fire. I was there the second time several hours before it started. Glad it didn't block my way back though.
          -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
          Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
          .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

A lot of UCLA and other basketball fans in our state capitol for the weekend...that is a scary looking fire
            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Well perhaps impressive was a wrong choice of words, however the fire is not threatening any homes or people, so in this case it does seem to be more visually impressive than dangerous to homes.

Of course I am praying for the safety of the firefighters as always.
              ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

The news coverage continues...
                I hope it's over before time for Grey's Anatomy!

Comment

we had a fire here also. Huge plumes of smoke were going up, but hey got ti out really fast. Our tumble weeds burn really well....

Comment

I was actually a bit surprised that CNN/etc didnt pick up coverage, its very visual kind of story

Comment

Originally posted by fairygoodmother View Post
                      The news coverage continues...
                      I hope it's over before time for Grey's Anatomy!
                      :ot:
                      OMG thank you for this!
                      I thought it was still a repeat!
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

It's still burning, I just drove past it this morning on the way to the dentist office. It burned all the train stuff, but it seems pretty contained. It's very smoky and stinky too. I can smell it outside. It's scary because there's this BIIIG mushroom cloud in the middle of Sacramento. There's a lot of traffic too from people slowing down on the freeway to look at it, but the traffic wasn't really that bad, it was just bad around where the fire is.

Comment

Originally posted by Madame_Leota View Post
                          It's still burning, I just drove past it this morning on the way to the dentist office. It burned all the train stuff, but it seems pretty contained. It's very smoky and stinky too. I can smell it outside. It's scary because there's this BIIIG mushroom cloud in the middle of Sacramento. There's a lot of traffic too from people slowing down on the freeway to look at it, but the traffic wasn't really that bad, it was just bad around where the fire is.
                          With creosote wood fires like this, they usually contain it and let it burn out. They said last night that they knocked out sections on either end to keep it from spreading, and that it would probably continue to burn for a few days.
                          -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                          Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
                          .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Originally posted by Osky View Post
                            Holy crap, I was within feet of that location twice today. I rode from Discovery Park to Folsom and back, and the bike trail goes right under the trestle and parallels it for a bit. No, I didn't light the fire. I was there the second time several hours before it started. Glad it didn't block my way back though.
                            Originally posted by Osky View Post
                            With creosote wood fires like this, they usually contain it and let it burn out. They said last night that they knocked out sections on either end to keep it from spreading, and that it would probably continue to burn for a few days.
                            That's a spot many who ride the trail are familiar with. I wonder if the trail is closed in that area (and for how long).
                            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                            sigpic

Comment

I dont know for how long but KFBK said the trails are closed for now

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X