This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Off Your TV Week

This week (April 23th-29th) is turn off your T.V. week. Anyone going to participate? Or is that too hard for us?
    Last edited by PrincessY; 03-24-2007, 01:45 PM.

Re: Turn Off Your TV Week

Its too hard for me! I'll limit my TV watching, but not turn it off.

Comment

I don't watch a lot of TV anyway. My TV is my alarm in the morning and I will listen to the news while I get dressed. The reason is they will announce the time or I can glance up and see the clock on the news show.

Other than that i watch Lost, americas next top model and the *****cat show.

I would not totally not watch TV. i really don't see the point in that.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
        This week (April 23th-16th) is turn off your T.V. week. Anyone going to participate? Or is that too hard for us?
        Umm..April 23th-16th?

Or did you mean March 23rd to March 30th?
        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Does keeping it on Video mode count? I play a lot of video games...

Comment

If watching something off of a video iPod doesn't count, that should be easy. There's hardly anything I watch on broadcast TV, lately.

Comment

Seems like April 23-29th

http://www.tvturnoff.org/action.htm

Comment

Thanks, I fixed it.

Comment

Does it actually have to be "off"?? Can I just not watch network or basic cable and keep the TV on for DVD viewing? I have enough DVDs to last me a week easy.

Comment

My understanding is that it pretty much should be OFF - no videos/DVDs, no games, no news. Kinda like cold turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                      This week (April 23th-29th) is turn off your T.V. week. Anyone going to participate? Or is that too hard for us?
                      Your post is confusing because you say "this week" and it is currently March.

As for no tv...well, forget that. This might be the last season of Gilmore Girls, so there is no way i'd go cold turkey, I have to at least watch that for an hour.
                      No dvd's on tv, no problem. I have a dvd player installed in my computer, so that takes care of that.
                      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I can never not watch certain programs, so no. You can count me out.

Comment

And miss out on my favorite shows? Sorry, but my tv has become a sibling to me.
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Well, this whole idea sounds like a conspiracy.

I mean, turn off the Colbert Report? The very request is unamerican.

I'm sure the real Heroes will still be watching television.
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

am I the only one that would have no problem with this?

granted I can't figure out why I pay for cable when on average I watch exactly one hour of TV a week (Jerico)

My husband doesn't watch at all (no time with his scheduel)

and our kids are not allowed to watch TV, Movies, play video games or any electronics (other than radio) Monday-Friday

and yes, I really do mean it, we just don't watch much...

the kids totaly would if I let them, but since implimenting that rule...they play outside, read books, and use their imagination

I just don't like it much anymore...*shrug* oh well....
                              procrastibating

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X