Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Talking to yourself

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to yourself

Admit it, you do it, we all do. Some out loud, some in our own heads, but we all do it. It's just the best way to keep everything organized.

But what I'd like to know is how you refer to yourself in your head. This is brought on by too much television (especially Scrubs) and how people are mostly seen as referring to themselves by a name or nickname.

But for myself I never use my own name and usually use a pronoun such as "you" or "I"

So what do you do? Name, nickname, pronoun, insult?

Re: Talking to yourself

Um... interesting. I've never thought about how I talk to myself in my own head. I think I tend to think in the third person.

Maybe I should ask myself and see what my answer is.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I "sometimes" wisper to myself wht i'm going to do in 5 minutes or when i recite what i'm going to say to somebody. Mostly in my head though.

Comment

Nothing wrong with talking to yourself... but when you start answering, then there's problems.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          Nothing wrong with talking to yourself... but when you start answering, then there's problems.
          I always figured there's truly a problem when inanimate objects start responding to you. :whistling

Comment

How funny! I have totally caught myself talking to myself out loud when I am alone. And I always refer to me as "you". What does that say about me?
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I talk to myself. A lot at work when I am stressing. Sometimes I am a "you" and sometimes "I". depends on the conversation I am having.
              Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I talk to me in my head. Its like the inside talks to the outside. Kind of a Hey You thing...
                So doesn't that make it like two people in my head? Oh lordy. Im twice as crazy as I thought.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
                next trip?? Dec 2007

Comment

I use "I"
                  HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                  "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I'll usually say something like, "Why did I just do that?" or I'll say, "Ana you dummy!!!"

haha.

Or if I'm running out of the house I'll mumble to myself: "Mmkay, keys, yes, shopping list, mmhmm, kay gotta get milk, butter, mmhmm, do i have pen? Where's my pen? Oh hey kitty! Kittykittykitty."

Comment

When I talk to myself (which is often unfortunately) I refer to myself as "I", but I am usually talking to one of my other personalities so...they know what I mean.

What's better is when I am anticipating a meeting or conversation that I already know isn't going to go well. So, I go through all of the fighting scenarios with myself to be prepared, which means basically I am having a heated discussion with...no one.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                        How funny! I have totally caught myself talking to myself out loud when I am alone. And I always refer to me as "you". What does that say about me?
                        I do it all the time. "Becky, what the eff are you doing?!"
                        Fun times.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I ususally say I or you when talking in my head. If I do something stupid then out loud it's "DOH" like Homer Simpson, like one of these http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/...135/32dohs.wav then I say something like "nice going Ken".
                          Last edited by upov; 04-11-2007, 08:37 AM. Reason: Doh, forgot to put in link

Comment

I talk to myself A LOT. I say "I" when I am referring to myself. If I am cleaning or something then I really start talking to myself or I plan on what I am going to say to someone if they have done something to me. Strange, I know!
                            *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

WHEN I talk to myself - either in my head our out loud, I usually refer to myself in the first person.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X