Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

    I am repeatedly shocked at the amount of drivers here in Southern California who do not know how to drive when they get to a 4-way stop or when the traffic lights are flashing red. That was one of the first things I had to learn 20 years ago when I got my drivers license. Yield to the right hand driver, etc and so on...

    Have any of you encountered drivers who lack the same experience/knowledge??? And if they seem to lack this knowledge, again I ask - how did they get their drivers license??

  • #2
    Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

    Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I am repeatedly shocked at the amount of drivers here in Southern California who do not know how to drive when they get to a 4-way stop or when the traffic lights are flashing red. That was one of the first things I had to learn 20 years ago when I got my drivers license. Yield to the right hand driver, etc and so on...

    Have any of you encountered drivers who lack the same experience/knowledge??? And if they seem to lack this knowledge, again I ask - how did they get their drivers license??
    The guy who graded my permit let me pass only because i told him what the correct answer was before he marked it. I had a 50/50 choice. :lol:

    I missed 8 on the spot!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

      Bad drivers in California? Surely you jest!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

        Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
        Bad drivers in California? Surely you jest!
        :lol:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

          Im not sure I can say people dont know how to drive, but I can sure say that there are plenty of people out there who dont make paying attention to the road and their driving their priority
          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

            And really, its not just in California that this happens, but other states as well
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

              Originally posted by frecky View Post
              Im not sure I can say people dont know how to drive, but I can sure say that there are plenty of people out there who dont make paying attention to the road and their driving their priority
              Originally posted by frecky View Post
              And really, its not just in California that this happens, but other states as well
              Very true statements - I am just basing it on California.........since that's usually where I am and where I see it daily.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                Jeeze, don't even get me started on drivers. Every time I've been out on a freeway someone ALWAYS has to cut me off at the last second which makes me slam on my brakes or they try to get into my lane when I'm right next to them forcing me to honk at them! It's called LOOKING TO SEE IF THAT LANE IS CLEAR!!!
                http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                  Oh, man - DH told me a story about his ex's mom. She's asian and spoke hardly any english. Couldn't read in english either. She took (and failed) her driver's test many times and finally passed because she memorized the answers on the written part. One day, her way home was blocked off and she had to call her daughter to help her get home because she couldn't navigate the streets.

                  Scary.

                  :blink:
                  She did it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                    Turn and lane change indicators are indeed optional equipment here in So Cal.

                    And the other day, the sun was so bright that I used a hand signal to make double sure the other drivers knew about the turn was about to make.

                    One driver looked at me as if I were from Mars.

                    --Barry
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                      well, there are plenty of unlicensed drivers out there...so I guess they wouldn't know the rules of the rode. the other , IMO, just think the rules don't apply to them...like everything else in life now a days...people don;t think and over react. Like when they miss a turn and are in the wrong lane to make it. I would continue through the green light and find a legal way to turn around, but some decide to make the right hand turn from the left lane cutting off traffic. I've seen it happen 3 times in one week. Not smart.

                      My favorite was the guy who could not get in the left hand turn lane. He stopped for the green light, blocking traffic, ignoring horns. He was not in the left turn lane, but when the arrow came on for the turn lane he turned also...IDIOT!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                        Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        Turn and lane change indicators are indeed optional equipment here in So Cal.

                        And the other day, the sun was so bright that I used a hand signal to make double sure the other drivers knew about the turn was about to make.

                        One driver looked at me as if I were from Mars.

                        --Barry
                        I thought you were going to say that the other driver thought you were flipping him off. Those are the only hand signals most drivers know. :lol:


                        It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                          Originally posted by Earkid View Post
                          I thought you were going to say that the other driver thought you were flipping him off. Those are the only hand signals most drivers know. :lol:
                          OMG, yesterday this car tuned left right in front of me. I had to hit the brakes, as he passed in front of me the passenger gave me the peace sign...yeah, that made it better.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                            I know, my wife and another friend Kaycee both got their licenses on the first try and they are horrible drivers, i'm a pretty good driver and it took me 3 trys
                            Is this haunted signature
                            actually
                            stretching?


                            Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                            also known as...
                            Dominatrix of Randomness

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do Californian's get their Drivers License?

                              Originally posted by Earkid View Post
                              I thought you were going to say that the other driver thought you were flipping him off. Those are the only hand signals most drivers know. :lol:
                              Waiiit a secccond....you mean that isn't the official one finger friendly Martian salute he was giving me (lol)
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X