Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report: 2DieFR's Fabulous Hawaii Vacation, Filled w/ Surf, Sun & ABC Stores

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report: 2DieFR's Fabulous Hawaii Vacation, Filled w/ Surf, Sun & ABC Stores

Aloha everyone!

Wow, I have SO many pictures to share from my Hawaii vacation. And the best part is, not one even hints that it was actually a band trip! )

That's right folks. Never mind that the real reason I was there was for band. Ix nay the concerts, the parades, the field shows, the rehearsals. I only take pictures of the good stuff, so it's gonna look like I was just chillin' with friends in Waikiki. Which I was, during the fun parts.

The Characters

Okay, let's meet the characters. Clockwise from top left, meet Katie, who is the girlfriend of James, Andrew, who happens to be James's cousin, and Kevin, who's just, Kevin.

Flipping ahead, this is the only picture I got of me. Mom is most displeased.

The ABC's of Waikiki

Alright, pretend you're a tourist in Hawaii and you need something. It can be anything. A towel? Sunscreen? Flipflops? Beer? Macadamia nuts? It can all be found in a quaint little shop called ABC Store.

Now, just where can you find an ABC Store?

Try every freakin' street corner - those things are everywhere!! Seriously, if you thought Starbucks holds the prize for most single locations in one city, think again. Some were literally yards apart from each other. People carrying merch in ABC Store bags was a more common sight than sunglasses.

So every time I passed an ABC Store, I took a picture of the front. I think I have documented 26 individual stores - coincidentally, one for every letter of the alphabet. And I'm proud to say that I am the ONLY tourist that has ever come out of Oahu without purchasing a single item from an ABC Store! I'm such a rebel!

This video is dedicated to all 37 ABC Stores on the island of Oahu.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eCM7OzxvS0w[/youtube]

Much More To Come, Stay Tuned! ~2DieFR
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM.

Re: Trip Report: 2DieFR's Fabulous Hawaii Vacation, Filled w/ Surf, Sun & ABC Stores

More... more !!! i want more!!

I can't get enough ABC love!!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Re: Trip Report: 2DieFR's Fabulous Hawaii Vacation, Filled w/ Surf, Sun & ABC Stores

ABC Stores are all over Waikiki but not the rest of Honolulu, and locals don't shop at them. I grew up in Honolulu and I never once bought anything from an ABC store - they're for tourists.

The video was funny!

Comment

/\ /\ oh come on!! you never once bought a mat or anything there?!!
        They are hilarious!! I lived there and I went in and bought something!
        Last edited by peoplemover1; 04-17-2007, 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by peoplemover1 View Post
          /\ /\ oh come on!! you never once bought a mat or anything there?!!
          They are hilarious!! I lived there and "I" went in and bought something!
          Nope never! Seriously! I walked in one once when I was a teenager, but outside of Waikiki, to locals, it's like they don't even exist...except when making jokes about them!

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
            Nope never! Seriously! I walked in one once when I was a teenager, but outside of Waikiki, to locals, it's like they don't even exist...except when making jokes about them!
            pppffff they do exist and that's why we make jokes about them! You are probably the only local who never stepped foot in one or bought something there. Where would you buy your candy for the movies or watching the hookers if it were not for the ABC store!?

Comment

Our Hotel

Welcome to Waikiki Resort Hotel!

The open-air lobby.

Stained glass windows greeted us on the left.

As you can see, Hawaiian time is three hours behind Pacific time.

Our Room (Dun-dun-dunn!)

Our hotel room had a gorgeous veiw of...more hotels!

Yes indeed, our room came with everything. This is how it looked before we used it.

For some reason James brought along this watertight bag that's supposed to keep your valuables safe. So Kevin jacked it, filled it with water and put it in the fridge.

Kevin collected all the lotions and shampoos and created the "pyramid of love." Interpret that how you want...

I stole one of the lotions and spelled out JAMES in the sink.

Um, would someone like to tell me what this is supposed to be??

There are so many funny random pictures of Kevin - this one he's next to my lei that I hung on our ancient thermostat.

Aslan (the lion) and Smoothie (the white leopard) were, um, getting together on top of the TV. Don't worry, that's as explicit as this trip report gets.

We spent a lot of time just lounging around.

The lobby restaurant got painted on the third day, but Kevin had his doubts!

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...u/IMG_0765.jpg

Ummm.

Comment

Spucky? Just jizzin you ;-)

Comment

If you ever make it to Maui, go to Kihei (SW of the island) for the ABC Market Outlet Store.

That's why I thought it was pretty funny when I saw the ABC store at the corner of Harbor and Katella.

Comment

James is a lucky friend.
                      Originally posted by Grumpee
                      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

so have your parents seen these pictures??!!

Comment

I call it 'punching the clown', but 'Writing James in lotion' works too.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                            I call it 'punching the clown', but 'Writing James in lotion' works too.
                            I imagine it took a lot of time and effort to pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
                              I imagine it took a lot of time and effort to pull that off.

More rub, than pull, but to each his own.

I am also a lotion artist, btw.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X