This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Hunting is FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

I hate job hunting!! I live in a small town and applied everywhere I could think of for a part time job, I go to school, for the last month. I even applied at places that were not looking. I had one interview, but didn't get the job for some unknown reason, and never got called by the other employers that were looking. Plus the "Big City" is an hour away. Dairy Queen is my last hope, but as of the last few days, I experienced a lot of rudeness there, so I don't even know if I want that job.

I tell them many good reasons why to hire me, I have a flexable schedule, I'm reliable, can drive, can lift a good amount of weight, I am devoted, have a good GPA, and every other odd and end you can think of.

Why I'm not hired yet, I don't know. This all sucks and it's really getting me frustrated and ticked off.

Does anyone else know what I should do?

In my mind, I just want to start demanding the jobs, but that won't get me anywhere, so I better just keep that in my mind and put on a happy face.

Has anyone else gone through this??

Re: Job Hunting is FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Have you called the places to follow up on your application? It can take some initive on your part as well. And that is what some employers are looking for.

Comment

Yes I did . I just called them about an hour ago. Only one was hiring, Dairy Queen .

Comment

Well, that's very good! Sorry about DQ. They seem to be not so nice even where I live. Would it be hard to go to the bigger town for summer?

Comment

Aw, Disney Wrassler, I feel you. I moved right after graduation, and it took me a good seven months of false starts before I was actually hired. It's extremely discouraging, I know. Like you, I had a good work history- and a recent degree, as well!

What helped me was being a little more flexible in my thinking. You say you're looking for part time work, at places like DQ. Have you tried looking at office-type work? Maybe you have skills that apply elsewhere, and that's the difficulty.

At any rate, good luck, and don't get too discouraged.
          They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

It would be pretty hard for me because currently I live with my folks. I want to get a job so I can help pay for my tuition, gas, insurance, and have some to save up for myself.

If I got a job in another town, then I would be spending so much on gas traveling from there, to home, and back, etc..

I was going to apply with an agency, but my dad doesn't want me to and said the best way to get things done is to do them myself and look into places I want to work at.

You should have heard what the woman at DQ told me today. I asked to get an update on my application and she said in a rude voice, "Well if the manager needs you, he will call you" and that was it. Then when I turned in the application days ago, someone said that I should be prepared for the manager to raise hell.

I honestly don't know if I want to work there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibliophile View Post
              Aw, Disney Wrassler, I feel you. I moved right after graduation, and it took me a good seven months of false starts before I was actually hired. It's extremely discouraging, I know. Like you, I had a good work history- and a recent degree, as well!

What helped me was being a little more flexible in my thinking. You say you're looking for part time work, at places like DQ. Have you tried looking at office-type work? Maybe you have skills that apply elsewhere, and that's the difficulty.

At any rate, good luck, and don't get too discouraged.
              Thanks .

I think you have a good point. If I can find places that hire receptionists, I will try to put in an application there.

My dad said the hardest part is finding a job compared to keeping one. I see what he means now.

Last night I talked to him about it and he said "now I have to play the waiting game."

Comment

Just from reading your post I feel your frustration. Have you tried going to a job agency to help you out?

And I am not sure how long you have been looking for a job now but don't give up.

And with DQ- Just from the manager's tone of voice I wouldn't want to work their either. EeeK!

Comment

Just tell them your a MiceChatter and you're in wherever you want to be!

Comment

I did apply with an agency, but once they asked to see my Social Security Card and/or Birth Certificate, dad suggested that I just continue looking on my own. Plus those are in the safe only he knows the combination to. I know my SS# though, but I guess they just wanted to see the real thing.

Mom gave me an idea and she suggested on my way into class tomorrow I pick up a paper with the Classifieds in it and see what I can find.

Comment

DW,

Why did your dad not want you to go through an agency? In my state, it is required to show the SS Card and a government ID. You might want to check why your dad is against an agency.

Perhaps you can find a job on campus or near campus. Good luck!
                      :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The classified section is a very good idea, indeed.
                        I had the hardest time in heck when I was trying to find a part-time job, and I was over 18, and didn't want to work past 10pm, due to homework and school reasons and people didn't like that.

Keep your chin up and wait a few more weeks and more places will be hiring as the summer nears. It's fustrating, I know, but don't lose hope.
                        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
                          DW,

Why did your dad not want you to go through an agency? In my state, it is required to show the SS Card and a government ID. You might want to check why your dad is against an agency.

Perhaps you can find a job on campus or near campus. Good luck!
                          He just preferred that I go out looking on my own and hit the places that I actually would want to work at. That was a few weeks ago though. So with the lack of jobs available, I may just have to go back and finish signing up with the agency .

Comment

Good luck! I know its a little frustrating but you can find a great one!

Comment

i'm looking for a job too, so i feel your pain

Orlando doing good
                              http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                              Princess of Randomness

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X