This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crocodiles eat boy. (Merged)

Apparantly a boy did not hear about the crocodile that bit a trainers arm off a week or so back. According to the Beijing Morning Post a 9-year-old-boy was eaten by crocodiles after he and some chums (pun intended, sorry I could not resist) of his climbed over the fence into the crocodile exhibit. They threw rocks and hit the reptiles with sticks. Here is a link to an article in the Austrailia Herald Sun.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

Sad and frightening story. That is a lousy way to learn a lesson.

Re: Crocodiles eat boy.

There ya go, another reason warning labels are so important. If there was a sign outside that crocodile pen that said "WARNING! Do not enter this crocodile pen and beat the crocodiles with sticks!" then that boy would still be alive today.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Crocodiles got to eat.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

DARN! No pictures of a Giant Crocodile carrying around a rubber mannequin arm for me to ogle over breakfast... (seems like Old Evil Queens just can't catch a break these days...)

"Somebody's going to look faaaabulous as a matching Handbag & Shoes!"

Naughty Crocs... someone REALLY ought to have put up a Warning:

BEWARE!!
        CROCS BE VERY VERY BAD;
        CROCS THINK HUMANS TASTE VERY VERY GOOD
        NO CLIMBING INTO CAGE! NO HITTING WITH STICKS!

Another future M.E.N.S.A. Member / MiceChatter culled from the herd...
        "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Wow, too bad.

On the bright side, the trespassing recidivism rate will be zero.

Comment

How very sad for the family he was a kid folks, kids do that stupid stuff. But he was a child and he died in a horrible way

Comment

Question:

Where were the parents?

Yeah it's sad about that he died but really, hitting a croc with a stick?
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                Question:

Where were the parents?

Remember, he was a child.9 years old. Not smart to do, but again he was a 9 year old boy. And yeah where the heck were the parents ??

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                  Remember, he was a child.9 years old. Not smart to do, but again he was a 9 year old boy. And yeah where the heck were the parents ??
                  Yes he was 9, which I'm pretty sure he should have known better, right? I mean I remember seeing a croc at that age and being scared to death of it.

Again, I feel bad for his family, I mean he died, but he had to have known what he was doing because he was abusing animals first.
                  -Jack :geek:
                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Seeing that it was a Chinese boy, my question is, was the crocodile hungry again after an hour?

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                      There ya go, another reason warning labels are so important. If there was a sign outside that crocodile pen that said "WARNING! Do not enter this crocodile pen and beat the crocodiles with sticks!" then that boy would still be alive today.
                      Just like me,

People need to think before doing things. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                        How very sad for the family he was a kid folks, kids do that stupid stuff. But he was a child and he died in a horrible way

I hear you Karla, but we need to remember the croc didn't go to the kid's house, crawl through the window and attack the kid.

No one would argue that ANY loss of a child is a tragedy, but when you jump a wall, and hit a wild beast with sticks, all bets are off.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          Seeing that it was a Chinese boy, my question is, was the crocodile hungry again after an hour?

Chad

I think I could go drinking with you.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                            Question:

Where were the parents?

The article I read said he was known in the neigborhood for tormenting the animals.

At least now he won't grow up and torment humans?

I never want to see a kid hurt, but a 9 year old knows what it means to inflict pain on something. This isn't the way I would have chosen for him to learn the lesson, but lesson learned I'd say.
                            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

And why, exactly, was the crocodile shot and killed? It did what crocodiles do--kill and eat things that threaten them.

Where's Betty White when you need her?
                              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X