This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so upset with Jr Tassie!!

she's collecting littlest petshop toys. Here they aren't as cheap as over there. The ones that are $3.99 there are over $10 here.
    Unknown to me, she took the "rarest" ones to school (the spider, snail and ferret). The ferret I had only bought on thursday, so she only had it one day. Some kids in the class asked to "borrow" them for the weekend, and I know she won't see them again!!! One girl is renound for taking things.
    I'm so angry with her!! She didn't even tell me! Her friend told me!
    AAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: I am so upset with Jr Tassie!!

Yikes... maybe you could call the little girls mother!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

I don't think they are a very "nice" family. We have only been at this school since January, so I don't know them, but her little sister is in my sons class and is always causing trouble. She stabbed him in the arm with a sharp pencil, and last week she stomped on his leg and pushed him in the back. I have never seen the parents and the youngest is only 6. I don't think they even bring them to school ( I think they either walk or bus it)

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Call the mother and if they are not a "nice" family as you have suggested threaten legal action.

Nobody is going to want to go to court over a couple of toys.
        What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I think you should just let it go. Your child ment well by sharing, she wasn't thinking she would never see the toys again. It was a mistake. I can understand your feelings because the price of those little toys are so high, but chalk this up to a learning lesson and don't let your kids take them to school again. If she gets an allowance, maybe you should make her pay for the missing toys.

Don't stress over a toy. Life is too short. Been there done that with my two boys and it is just not worth it.

Comment

Maybe you can ask the teacher to call the parents since the toy lending took place at school. If she's not willing to call the parents, maybe she'll at least be willing to tell the students that if she sees any toys at school, she will confiscate them till the end of the school year.

Comment

Tell her that it's ok to say no, and if she feels pressured by friends to tell them they can play with them at her house. I went through the exact same thing when I collected the Littlest pet shop, back when they were really lilttle, and I lost several to "friends" If they don't come back it will be a good lesson to her as well. trust me. She's going to be more upset at losing one than you are. Especially if you tell her you won't replace it. And if it's any consolation they cost $10 each when I was buying them too.

Comment

Both of my kids have done this too Tassie...

I would really speak to the kids mom- even if they are not "nice" I'd still bring it to their attention.

What makes me mad is this.... If your child comes home with something that you KNOW is not theirs why do some parents do nothing about it? I know when my kids would come home with even a pencil or notebook that didn't belong to them I was asking 20 questions-

Hope you do get the toys back Kathy!
                ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

:squeeze: Tassie, I would talk to the mom, but if there not coopeating then let it go hon. Like Nacy said, its a toy, she will learn her lesson by not having it, and hopfully not give out like that again. She is a little girl, lessons are hard but again there lifes lessons. Be calm hon, if I have to find some for you here I will. How high is shipping ? :lol: Your little one was being sweet, yeah, she should not take her toys to school, thats a no no, now when she goes you will need to check her pack and make it plain if those toys are gone, well so be it. HAve a good day hon

I will go look on ebay for these things ok

Comment

you guys are the best!! I'm alot calmer today, and she told me that the child really pressured her, kept asking and passing notes in class. This girl isn't part of my daughters group of friends, so I know nothing about her. I attend everything at the school, help with reading every day, and I have never, EVER seen this childs parents.
                    Kalli, you are so right!! I wouldn't let my kids bring anything home that wasn't theirs.
                    She did lend one to another of her friends (she told me about this, but not the other two). this friend is a sudanese girl who has only been in Australia a few months. My daughter has been to her place, and her mother has bought things for my daughter!
                    KIDS!!! Who'd have 'em?????

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X