X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I feel Lucky/Unlucky.

UNLUCKY

I went into Wendys for lunch today at about 12:15pm. Peak traffic time. I was delighted to see only three people in front of me.

Then all three of the customers in front of me proceeded to place orders for at least 8-people. Doh!

(Note for my buddies in the weightloss thread: I had a ceaser salad, Coke Zero and no fries or frosty)

How do you feel today?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Re: Today I feel Lucky/Unlucky.

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
    How do you feel today?
    I'll let you know after the Dallas / Golden State game.

Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!

If they win tonight I will be almost as happy as if it were my own Clippers

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I'll go with unlucky...

I was enjoying a nice day at home with my 3 year old and he was just going down for a nap and it was quiet... when the phone rang. It was my daughter's school saying she was in the health room and not feeling well and wanting to come home. SO I had to wake the boy up and go get her.

BUT...a teensie bit lucky because she seems to not be THAT sick (there's a tummy bug going around and I was worried she had gotten it).
      I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
      then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner View Post
        How do you feel today?
        Unlucky. Due to tooth pain, I ended up with a root canal done on the same tooth as I did 6 months ago. Yeah, i'm in pain now that the novicane is wearing off.
        Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Even Steven!

Unlucky:
          Bathtub upstairs is leaking through the ceiling of the laundry room beneath it, plumber can't get here til Monday. Had to cancel a drywaller who was coming tomorrow to fix the hole the plumber made the last time he was here.

Ran into a scary parent who withdrew from our school, and I was so sure I wouldn't see her again, so it threw me for a loop.

Plunked down all our savings, and had to spend so much out of pocket in April to buy a lot to build a house and now I have no money...for the next 11 days! None, nada, zip.

Lucky:
          I ran into someone I hadn't seen in 4-5 years and she lives just blocks from me now. That made my day.

I did a good deed for a mom with a little baby at Albertsons and the cashier gave me a coupon for a free coffee drink, so I got one...just when I needed one the worst.

Comment

UNLUCKY

Last night, right on bedtime jr Mr Tassie had a huge nosebleed, and he has never had one before EVER, then he went to sleep woithin 30 minutes, so I was awake all night worring incase it started again in his sleep. then jr Tassie woke up with a headache. She's had them on and off since the weekend (sinus) The only med I have causes drowsiness, so she's home from school, and I got her some new meds (claratyne). The only thing I hate about the cooler weather here is the dryness. It's really severe

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
            Originally Posted by MWalton
            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
              Unlucky. Due to tooth pain, I ended up with a root canal done on the same tooth as I did 6 months ago. Yeah, i'm in pain now that the novicane is wearing off.
              I just went in for a consultation on the same problem. I think I am going to opt to have the tooth pulled. My roots are very "unusual" and there is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed.

My sympathies to Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                I just went in for a consultation on the same problem. I think I am going to opt to have the tooth pulled. My roots are very "unusual" and there is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed.

My sympathies to Josh!
                Yeah, they said if this doesn't fix it, either a bridge or implant are the only other options. And they cost $$$$, so i'm hoping this fixes it. They said the tooth is like a pre-molar with weird roots and that it looks like a baby tooth.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                  Yeah, they said if this doesn't fix it, either a bridge or implant are the only other options. And they cost $$$$,.
                  Lots of $$$$! Which is why I'm skipping the "might work" re-root canal and going straight for the bridge. Sucks.

I feel your pain. Hope you are there for me in a few weeks!

Comment

Children with nosebleeds, Oral surgery....

Errr, is it too late to change my day to "Lucky" ???

I hope tomorrow brings happy news to all of you.
                    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

LUCKY:

I started my new job location today and LOVE IT! I asked what are my work hours ... and was told that as long I work 8 hours a day I'm good. When is my lunch then? Whenever you want and it can be up to an hour. WOW!

Comment

Unlucky today.

I didn't win the Night at Cinderella Castle and my cable was disconnected last night ... and NO, it wasn't because we didn't pay the bill.

Comment

I feel nervous... I want to say Lucky... but I'm waiting for a call on a job and I really need it to work out...so if I say Lucky, I'm worried I'll jinx it.

Comment

So far unlucky

Money issues are no fun.
                            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Lucky....so far.

We got a break from the rain, so the kids are playing outside. I invited the widower across the street to dinner next week and he said yes. I'm going to a concert in two days that I'm way. too. excited. about. I'm drinking a pot of coffee in my jammies and I feel no shame in it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X