This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood's Burning AGAIN

Once again major wildfire in the Hollywood Hills, near the Hollywood sign.

Zoo animals being evacuated. BTW: Anyone have a horse trailer big enough for giraffes?

Re: Hollywood's Burning AGAIN

We are having a near record low rainfall this year. This is not going to be a fun year for fires.

Last edited by Dustysage; 05-08-2007, 10:37 PM. Reason: link removed - no longer pointing at the fire
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

They arrested someone already for this fire. I'm worried about all the animals at the Zoo. Hope they ALL get taken care of and escape the fire without harm.
      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Fire breaks out in Griffith Park

By Richard Winton and Jesus Sanchez, Times Staff Writers
        3:11 PM PDT, May 8, 2007

An arson fire was set in Griffith Park today above the Greek Theatre and spread quickly to the northeastern section of the park, threatening the Los Angeles Zoo and other nearby recreation facilities, officials said.

The Harding and Wilson municipal golf courses, the Griffith Park merry-go round as well as the zoo had been evacuated, according to the Los Angeles Recreation and Parks Department.

The fire is being investigated as an arson and a suspect was in custody, said LAPD Officer April Harding. No identification was available.

KTLA reported that the suspect was being treated for burns at the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. A hospital spokesman said they were gathering information about the suspect.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AT LATIMES.COM

Comment

Oh wow! I hope nothing happens to the zoo or the animals, I love walking around there and just enjoying the scenery.

Comment

Wow this is scary, its still only May and already so many fires. Living in Santa Clarita I am still having breathing issues from the 45 day long "day fire" off the I-5 in September.

This is going to be a LONG summer.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I've been sitting on my balcony looking at it all afternoon. I don't think the zoo is in too much trouble, they have buffer zones cleared all around, as well as a Golf Course on the South side.
              spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Wow. Why would someone start a fire? I really hope y'all get some rain soon.
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

SO many fires and we're just barely dipping our toes into the summer season. Not only is it going to be icky hot, but a lot of fire activity. Stupid no rain and all heat!!
                  MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

The suspect is being treated for burns..... I think they should hand him a bucket of water and make him help put out the fire he started, and then treat his wounds. :bash:
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                      Wow. Why would someone start a fire? I really hope y'all get some rain soon.
                      Because they're sick and get a rush from setting stuff ablaze.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                        Because they're sick and get a rush from setting stuff ablaze.
                        Unfortunately just not their own stuff.
                        disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

I've got a bottle of rubbing alcohol to donate to pour onto his wounds...

To help sterilize them of course.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                            I've got a bottle of rubbing alcohol to donate to pour onto his wounds...
                            Don't waste money. Salt is a bit cheaper and has the same effect by stopping any bleeding. :evil:
                            disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

hollywood on fire? run as fast as you can..it's karma.
                              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X