This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes

Sometimes I miss the "early days" of MiceChat. I noticed today that there were almost 1,000 people viewing this site. The ratio of members to guests is usually about 1 member to 2 guests. That much hasn't changed.

When I first joined MiceChat it was for Disneyland information. I was planning a trip for the 50th Anniversary. I didn't post very much at the beginning. I read a lot.

I remember that there were members that would cross my path regularly in the threads that I was reading and eventually also posting in. Those members became familiar to me in that I grew to know what to expect from them. They were helpful, friendly, funny, and I began to learn what kind of reactions they would have to what I was posting.

MiceChat has grown from a very small group of "internet" friends to a very large community. MiceChat now has MiceChat Gold. Many of those early MiceChatters that I grew fond of don't seem to cross my path as often as they used to. I miss that, more than sometimes.....
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Sometimes

Same here. Some of the regular threads I post on and have enjoyed posting on over the short time i've been on MC went gold and are now subject to talking about the weather or something. It's so sad.
    You lose great friends that way.

But MC is full of wonderful people and I am grateful for that
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Re: Sometimes

I've noticed this too, and it was inevitable with the exponential growth of the site. We've gone from a small village to a large city. I miss the good old days, but there is no going back.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X