Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

My Mom's Feathered Friends

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom's Feathered Friends

Hi everyone. Well this year my mom has got all sorts of birds visiting her yard. We sit on the deck and watch and take pictures. I'll update as I get a new bird to share, from rare to common birds. By the way, if I mislabel a bird, feel free to to point it out, but I expect a link to your proof.

Let's get started.

Steller's Jay

American Crow (Mom has named him Crackers, I'm naming the next one Drinky)

Goldfinches! We have never seen these in the yard before.

I love the look on this one's face. WTF?!?!

Another Goldfinch and a House Finch

These 2 also excited us.

An Evening Grosbeak

And a Blackheaded Grosbeak. I thought this one was a Towhee, until I researched it more. We've seen Towhees as well, but I don't have a good picture yet.

That's it for now, but I will continue to update as new birds appear and I get better pictures of some of the others.

Re: My Mom's Feathered Friends

These are great!
    Very colorful...

We have wild parrots where I live. They make all kinds of noise at dawn and dusk.
    And a few hummingbirds and finches and crows, of course.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
    :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Right on. Very cool photos.
      Look at how beautiful those birds are - what a beautiful creation, you know? Amazing.

Comment

Ooohhh what pretty birds!! All the ones around here are mostly dull and boring looking. Great pictures!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Nice pictures. Sounds like a real nice back yard. Right now in my backyard there is an eagle fishing everynight now around the same time, when the sun in setting. He is a good fisherman also, always goes to the tree with his catch of the day.

Comment

Here are some new ones for you all.

Brown-Headed Cowbird.

And a White-crowned Sparrow

Comment

That's great - we just have robins, crows and an occasional magpie - they're all loud and annoying.
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by herb2linda View Post
                Nice pictures. Sounds like a real nice back yard. Right now in my backyard there is an eagle fishing everynight now around the same time, when the sun in setting. He is a good fisherman also, always goes to the tree with his catch of the day.
                Funny story. My Aunt and Uncle have a place on Hood Canal and one time their neighbor was cooking a prime rib on the grill outside. The neighbor went inside for something and this Eagle flew down and grabbed the beef and flew off with it. Since then they have called the eagle Angus.

Comment

yeah, we have sparros ( grey) pigeons, sea gulls ( why I am not sure we are no where near water :lol: crows, and robbins. some magpies to

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                    yeah, we have sparros ( grey) pigeons, sea gulls ( why I am not sure we are no where near water :lol: crows, and robbins. some magpies to
                    Several years ago when I was out in Montana we saw lots of Pelicans and Seagulls in Great Falls. They were hanging out on the river.

Comment

A lot of these birds we have never noticed before. My mom has been feeding the birds like crazy over the winter and they are really starting to show up. I figure by this time next year penguins might start appearing.

Comment

Such a better variety then the birds around here. We just have crows, doves, seagulls and sparrows. The seagullas don't come near the house though, there is too much good food at the high school. We'll get about 25-50 sparrows in our trees and bushes and they'll have bird parties, where they tweet and chirp up a storm at set times every time (used to be at 6 AM and 6 PM), very annoying.

Comment

Another reason I love living in the northwest...the cool birds!!

I especially love the Stellar's Jay. So beautiful!!!

Comment

Woo-hoo! We made the round-up. I'll have to go to Mom's tomorrow to sit on the porch with the camera and see if I can add a few new bird pictures.

Comment

Gah! The fountain in my parents backyard is down so the birds are not around as much today. I only got a House Sparrow to share. He is eating some old triscuits my mom threw out in the grass.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X