Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far is your commute to work (school)?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far is your commute to work (school)?

With gas prices rising faster than my blood pressure, I got to thinking this morning about how much time we spend behind the wheel every day. I guess I'm kind of fortunate. My drive to work is just under six miles and takes between 15 and 20 minutes each way.

How about you... How far is it?

Re: How far is your commute to work (school)?

um.......from my bedroom, to the kitchen, to the laundry room..etc etc etc.
    i do have to drive kids to school 30 minutes away...does that count?)

Comment

12 minutes from my door to the door of my office.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

29 miles one way and 47 back (I pick dd up from day care); so ~40 minutes in the am and an hour coming back. That's a long way for New England but I used to live in San Diego and that commute would be average.
        Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

The furthest I ever worked was when I traveled to Newport Beach and Laguna Hills from Corona.

Now? My commute is 4 miles - I don't think that qualifies as a commute, though.

Comment

About 30 miles each way. In Atlanta Traffic.
            "But every night, when it gets dark
            and the stars come out,
            I'll look up on her behalf.
            I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

For the last year and 1/2 I work from home all but 2 days or so per month. When I do drive into the office - it is 24 miles one way.....
              " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

Comment

My school job I am 5 minutes away. My hospital job is about 15 minutes.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

45 minutes to get to work (I leave the house at 6:15 am). 1 hour + to get home (I leave work at 4:30 pm).
                  The Armenian Genocide

Comment

My house to Westlake Village, CA: 22 miles each way...30 min in the morning, 45-60 min on the way back home
                    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

10 steps from bedroom to desk, 1/4 mile to take kids to school. I love my commute!!!
                      *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Fortunately only 1.3 miles to work (1 stop sign & 2 traffic signals)...

Comment

Up till 8 months ago, I was commuting 25 miles each way, which took about 45 mins. Now I work 8.5 miles away which takes about 20 mins. I love my new commute

Comment

Currently, I drive 13 miles, about 15 minutes to work. Much better than when I was driving from the Inland Empire to L.A. 60 miles both ways!

Ta Da!

Comment

Not sure mileage wise but to and from work is about 30 minutes each way.
                              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X