This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't be cheeeekin!"

Are there any feats out there that you have always wanted to try but are just 'too chicken' to try? It's not a peer pressure thing here, but for instance...I really want to parasail........the exhilaration of flying in a parachute type thing over the ocean just thrills me to no end - but the idea of landing in the ocean and then being attacked by a shark creeps into my mind - I know it's probably a longshot, but for some reason, it's there in my mind.

Are there things that you really want to do but you too are 'cheeeekin'?

Re: "Don't be cheeeekin!"

I want to go parasailing too. The shark idea never popped into my head until you mentioned it.... but I'll still do it.

Another thing I've been wanting to do since I was 18 (but I'm too cheekin)... sky diving.
    The Armenian Genocide

Comment

I've had many opportunities to go sky diving, I really want to go since I saw it on Real World Australia

Another thing I want to do is sit on Screamin', but i'm scared of the loop.
      Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Jumping out of an airplane...*shivers* I just couldn't do it!

Comment

Drive in LA traffic. I just can't bring myself to do it! It keeps me from going to DL when my hubby can't go, because I'm afraid to drive there. Just the thought of some horrible accident with my babies in the car... I know it can happen here to, but I know what to expect from Las Vegas traffic. Something about LA freeways scare me to death!

Comment

Originally posted by lafantasma View Post
            Drive in LA traffic. I just can't bring myself to do it! It keeps me from going to DL when my hubby can't go, because I'm afraid to drive there. Just the thought of some horrible accident with my babies in the car... I know it can happen here to, but I know what to expect from Las Vegas traffic. Something about LA freeways scare me to death!
            I don't blame you. LA has some aggressive drivers.
            The Armenian Genocide

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/...e_us/road_rage

Cities with the Rudest Driver List...

1. Miami
              2. New York
              3. Boston
              4. Los Angeles
              5. Washington, D.C.
              6. Phoenix

7. Chicago
              8. Sacramento, Calif.
              9. Philadelphia
              10. San Francisco
              11. Houston
              12. Atlanta
              13. Detroit
              14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
              15. Baltimore
              16. Tampa, Fla.
              17. San Diego
              18. Cincinnati
              19. Cleveland
              20. Denver
              21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
              22. St. Louis
              23. Seattle-Tacoma
              24. Pittsburgh 25. Portland, Ore.
              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Bull riding. I had the opportunity, was actually sitting on the bull (properly named "Cow" b/c he was nothing more than a softie), he shifted his weight in the chute and I hopped off.

Comment

Rock climbing has peaked my interest...

I'm not "cheeeckin" to try, I just haven't had the opportunity ~~ yet.
                  Boo!

Comment

Skydiving, 'nuff said.
                    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I won't sky dive. My mom and I were going to do it (her idea!) when my parents got divorced, but she chickened out. So I didn't do it, thinking she'd eventually want to again.

Now that I have kids, I don't want to do it.

Which is weird, because I've been in a hot air balloon, bungee jumped, and I've done a zip line. But something about jumping out of a plane knowing that I have three kids, I can't do it.

Comment

:lol: I thought you were talking about the MCer with this screen name.
                        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

One time a group of coworkers and I were all going to go sky diving but couldn't. After driving out there and taking the lesson and signing the waivers the pilot told us that the wind conditions were not right, although when we arrived a few hours earlier conditions were fine. He said we could wait an hour or so and they could try again but at that point we all chickened out an now I don't think I could ever get the courage to do it again.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Sky diving would be fun, I don't know if I'd have the courage to do it though.

I've done Bungy Jumping 4 times in New Zealand which was AWESOME and I did parasailing in hawaii...which to be quite honest, was kind of boring, well not really boring just relaxing, nothing too thrilling about it IMO, it's cool though.
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I have gone parasailing, it is so much fun, you should just do it DDaddy.
                              I would love to bunjee or skydive, but I know I would never jump! I would be the looser that has to be brought back down!
                              Funny story about parasailing though. My husband wanted to try it on our last trip to Mexico.He is 6'2" and about 260.
                              The guy took one look at my hubby and said,"No, we need BIG wind for you senor"! He never went.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X