This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any soccer players out there?

Hey all. I haven't played soccer in YEARS. Mostly due to unstable knees. Anyways, I'm getting back out there tonight in an indoor game, and I'm quite nervous.

Any other fellow indoor or outdoor players?

Re: Any soccer players out there?

I used to play when I was younger. I played for 8 years actually. I went from that to basketball and messed up my ankle pretty damn bad. I've tried to fool around with soccer with my nephews but it would take me a while to get back into it. I miss it! My brother and I should have stuck with it, we were good.

Have fun!!!!!

Comment

Thanks. I'm pretty nervous. I have three torn ACL's, and the twice repaired one is getting ready to tear again. It doesn't bother me, I know it's going to happen.

But it's been a LONG time since I have played, and my self esteem is shot (issues with coach in college).

I have to get out of here soon and go buy some new shin guards and socks.

Comment

Wow I haven't played soccer since I was much younger- I used to go to sports camp for 3 weeks every summer until my late teenage years and was the captain of my soccer team. Now I just play with my dog
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by migo View Post
          Thanks. I'm pretty nervous. I have three torn ACL's, and the twice repaired one is getting ready to tear again. It doesn't bother me, I know it's going to happen.

But it's been a LONG time since I have played, and my self esteem is shot (issues with coach in college).

I have to get out of here soon and go buy some new shin guards and socks.
          3 torn ACL's?!?! Ouch!! All from soccer?
          Sport injuries suck!

Comment

sounds like me and basketball (2 acl, 1 mcl, both knees + ankle tendon)...I was going to play at UNLV, but eh...whatever.

I tried to get into, got nervous too and well, didn't work so well. So I got into officiating and went pretty high up in the ranks. Gave up after the politicizing of it all....

But enough about me, about you...go enjoy it! have fun! thats the most important thing is to HAVE FUN! Maintain your conditioning, and just do it!

My cousins played pro soccer in Europe (Greece, an Austrian team and for some english squad)...they still play and they're pushing 50. Even after some injuries. One of them coaces minor league soccer for a Montreal teams and still plays too!

yay!
            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Yeah, sports injuries rock, don't they? 3 ACL's and more scopes than I can shake a stick at. That was about it with my legs. Broken ankles as a kid. Torn thumb ligaments, those are cool, too.

I'm going right now to see if I can't get some "gear". Hopefully I'll enjoy it, and join the outdoor league that's starting.

Comment

I have played the game since I was 3 years of age. Currently, I am assistant coach for my high school's J.V. team.
                sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygoof View Post
                  sounds like me and basketball (2 acl, 1 mcl, both knees + ankle tendon)...I was going to play at UNLV, but eh...whatever.

I tried to get into, got nervous too and well, didn't work so well. So I got into officiating and went pretty high up in the ranks. Gave up after the politicizing of it all....

But enough about me, about you...go enjoy it! have fun! thats the most important thing is to HAVE FUN! Maintain your conditioning, and just do it!

My cousins played pro soccer in Europe (Greece, an Austrian team and for some english squad)...they still play and they're pushing 50. Even after some injuries. One of them coaces minor league soccer for a Montreal teams and still plays too!

yay!
                  Your basketball stories get better and better. I remember you mentioning your injuries and maybe playing at UNLV but I didn't know you officiated!!
                  That's sweet!!
                  So what did you play when you played? I can't tell how tall you are from your avatar but were you a guard? A 2? (or is French really tall???)
                  Last edited by cal4iri; 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I played all my life, up until college. Then the coach at SDSU screwed with my self esteem badly. I stopped playing.

Also played semi-pro for a while.

Comment

I play for my High School soccer team, but I don't see my future going any farther than that. I'd rather do something else.

I've been to a couple indoor games but never played in any. It looks like a lot of fun though. Good luck.

Comment

It sucked. I did well, but I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of soccer shape and I almost had to put the beat down on some mouth biznootch. Other than that, fun!

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                          Your basketball stories get better and better. I remember you mentioning your injuries and maybe playing at UNLV but I didn't know you officiated!!
                          That's sweet!!
                          So what did you play when you played? I can't tell how tall you are from your avatar but were you a guard? A 2? (or is French really tall???)

lol thanks... I played the 1 (pointguard). i'm pushin 5'10"...the NBA would label me as prolly 6' since they add 2 inches to all the pointgaurds lol...and yeah I officiated (CIF, NAIA,NCAA D3,D2, ABA, NBA Summer Leauge - Long Beach) but that I grew tired of it really fast (travel, pay, politics, time). I was invited to be a FIBA official too...

French is shorter than me hehehehe

I love hearing im not alone here in the ex athelte potential superstar status hehehe
                          Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Dude, you're not. Played soccer and softball at SDSU. The semi pro gig during high school/SDSU...

Now I'm old. And angry.

Comment

Good luck to you.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X