This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friggin sick of all the "Pirates"

Man, I am so burnt out on all the Pirates stuff... the movies, the island, the characters around the park. In my opinion in really takes away from the original ride in the park. THAT is where you went to find pirates. Now they are everywhere. Overkill.

12/18 TC DAY

Re: Friggin sick of all the "Pirates"

And I was really beginning to think that I was the only one who felt this way.

To each their own, and I know (trust me I know) that Disneyland and the Walt Disney Company are a business, a huge conglomerate business, and that they have every right to milk this cash cow for all its worth.

But I, too am feeling some pirate burn-out, Mr. Jefferson. You are not alone.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
      And I was really beginning to think that I was the only one who felt this way.

To each their own, and I know (trust me I know) that Disneyland and the Walt Disney Company are a business, a huge conglomerate business, and that they have every right to milk this cash cow for all its worth.

But I, too am feeling some pirate burn-out, Mr. Jefferson. You are not alone.

--Barry
      I don't feel so lonely now....

12/18 TC DAY

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
        Man, I am so burnt out on all the Pirates stuff... the movies, the island, the characters around the park. In my opinion in really takes away from the original ride in the park. THAT is where you went to find pirates. Now they are everywhere. Overkill.
        I agree. But, maybe now they've found a way to make a lot more people tired of pirates, put them everywhere.
        Mike

Comment

As much as I love the movies and the ride, I'm getting a bit burnt out on this pirate overkill too. Of course Disney and everyone else cashing in on the success will milk it for every penny they can squeeze out so we'll be smothered with pirates stuff for awhile yet.

Comment

argh,you scurvy brats . lol just kidding. It will eventually happen the stale of the pirates. Soon these pirates merchandise will go into davy jones locker.
            Last edited by Rex Dopey24; 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

I sooooo agree about thoe meddling pirates! I feel that I have seen TS . . .errr, Pirates Lair and will wait a good while before seeing the movie. If Disney decides to really push the theme and NOS becomes a pirate haven or whatever, I will never return to DL. Soooo not kidding. I gleefully await the pirate's demise.
              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Coming soon might be Nemo overload ... you never know.

Comment

The first shots from TSI look pretty good, so overall that overlay's probably a win, BUT in principle, I agree with you. Pirates are in everything from DL to insurance ads.

Let's face it, pirates have jumped the shark.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                    The first shots from TSI look pretty good, so overall that overlay's probably a win, BUT in principle, I agree with you. Pirates are in everything from DL to insurance ads.

Let's face it, pirates have jumped the shark.
                    They're even in IHOP restaurant ads now...at least here in SoCal...everybody wants a share of the un-buried treasure...
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Oh yeah. Ihop ads. grrrr. Even a local sub shop chain has a variation on a tuna sandwich that a pirate orders. Ugh.
                      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                        Coming soon might be Nemo overload ... you never know.
                        It already has happened...
                        -Jack :geek:
                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

You better watch yourself, that kind of reckless talk can get you excommunicated.

Comment

I'm afraid I was burnt out on pirates last year. I'm still not over it. I've been burnt out on Pixar characters for quite some time, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbell View Post
                              I'm afraid I was burnt out on pirates last year. I'm still not over it. I've been burnt out on Pixar characters for quite some time, too!
                              Pixar. I agree.
                              Last edited by ThomasJefferson; 05-27-2007, 09:05 AM.

12/18 TC DAY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X