Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right behind my house....

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Right behind my house....

    A train DERAILD.... It was about 250 feet away from my show, I have pictures, they are uploading now.... only 6 cars out of 150 derailed, 3 were empty the others had liquid nitrogen bases and petroleum gas in them, they had the roads closed, luckily with it being so close, I ran through the fields to get some good shots.... This happened at about 2:30...



    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 05-30-2007, 03:29 PM. Reason: pictures


  • #2
    Re: Right behind my house....

    WOW!! My son would have loved to be there! He is obsessed with trains! I hope you post the pics. Was anyone hurt?????


    Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

    Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Right behind my house....

      Originally posted by tassie View Post
      WOW!! My son would have loved to be there! He is obsessed with trains! I hope you post the pics. Was anyone hurt?????
      no one was hurt, the cars that dreailed were about 20 cars behind the engine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Right behind my house....

        wow... kinda scarey.. glad no one was hurt and it wasnt worst than that.
        Do they know why it happened?
        Mellymouse




        (do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)





        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Right behind my house....

          Originally posted by MellyMouse View Post
          wow... kinda scarey.. glad no one was hurt and it wasnt worst than that.
          Do they know why it happened?
          so far no, this train always (about 15 times a day) commutes back and fourth through a bunch of buisnesses in the area, and it has never derails since it first started in 1989, they just recently redid all of the rails etc, so I dont know if that might have anything to do with it. Also last night a gunman broke into the country's largest ice cream plant that is also behind our house. The plant is Dreyer's/Nestle

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Right behind my house....

            thanks for the pics!! We have a trainline not far from our house, and a train derailed there a couple of years ago. It was on a bend, and it was the last cars, too. The one near me carries grain and molasses (sp?)


            Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

            "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

            Charles M. Schulz
            Originally Posted by MWalton
            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Right behind my house....

              yikes, thats a lot of noise out your back door, that must suck big time weird to have that happen right in your own back yard ( so to speak :lol: ) keep us updated ok

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Right behind my house....

                Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                yikes, thats a lot of noise out your back door, that must suck big time weird to have that happen right in your own back yard ( so to speak :lol: ) keep us updated ok
                They just showed it on the news, they said the leaks are all undercontroll and it is still unconfirmed what knocked it off the tracks... they currently have a crane out there lifting the cars back on there wheels, however I do not see how it is possible because when I went here, all the cars that derailed had no wheels, it looks as if the cars fell off the wheels because the wheels were still laying on the tracks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Right behind my house....

                  Wow. That's pretty cool!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Right behind my house....

                    May I ask which line this is?
                    sigpic


                    Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Right behind my house....

                      Forget LA. All of today's big news is coming out of Bakersfield!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Right behind my house....

                        Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                        May I ask which line this is?
                        not exactly sure, I does connect to the tehachapi loop, But it is just a yard train those transports goods between local businesses, then other traisn such as BNSF, or NS will pick it up if it needs to be transported outside of Bakersfield... the train name is San Joaquin Valley Railroad.

                        Here is a pic of the train normally...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Right behind my house....

                          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Forget LA. All of today's big news is coming out of Bakersfield!
                          haha, yes!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Right behind my house....

                            I have a house full of kids today and hadn't even heard this! You're out in southwest Bakersfield right? Scary!



                            Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Right behind my house....

                              Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
                              I have a house full of kids today and hadn't even heard this! You're out in southwest Bakersfield right? Scary!
                              yep southwest...

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X