Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Inspection??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fire Inspection??

    Some of you may know of my show Fantasy Waters, and it does indeed use pyrotechnics... and the fire department knows of my show and that it uses pyrotechnics and I received an email regarding that they come to the show for several inspections on the area and what type of devices I am using to launch the pyro. There is no dead brush or any fire dangers in the backyard (that I know of) The only area where pyro takes place is on cement and bricks, do you think there may be a chance of getting the pyro banned from my show?

    I'm just wondering because it is a concern, mainly because it has the greatest effect


  • #2
    Re: Fire Inspection??

    Hearing that the fire department wants to check on your controlled show angers me. I had a neighbor who had a bonfire in the corner of their yard where our old rickety fences met with the dead field behind us and the fire department did nothing, say they had constructed the fire pit correctly or something.

    I hope maybe the email is more along the lines of "you better watch out" warning or something. Best of luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Fire Inspection??

      As much as I hate myself for saying this, but just let them have their looks. I've dealt with Fire Marshalls who're out to find something and they can be a serious pain in the butt.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Fire Inspection??

        Originally posted by PrncssZ View Post
        I had a neighbor who had a bonfire in the corner of their yard where our old rickety fences met with the dead field behind us and the fire department did nothing,

        Well aren't you glad that other fire departments do care about fire prevention?

        It's not going to be a big deal, they just need to make sure that it is safe. If it is not safe, they will recommend some changes be made.



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Fire Inspection??

          Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
          There is no dead brush or any fire dangers in the backyard (that I know of)

          This is exactly why fire prevention inspections take place. To help people identify potential threats. Often times, these inspections can save you thousands of dollars in property damage, etc. Not to mention law suits.



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Fire Inspection??

            If you don't already...make sure you have several fire extinguishers mounted in plain view. Might go a long way in helping them "overlook" some minor issues or at least let you off with your promise to fix rather than an outright ban.

            So...what happened? One of your neighbors fink on you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Fire Inspection??

              Great idea Opus.

              Also, you should pull up the fire code, and make sure you're in compliance. You will know what the fire marshall is looking for, and save you some headaches.



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Fire Inspection??

                Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                If you don't already...make sure you have several fire extinguishers mounted in plain view. Might go a long way in helping them "overlook" some minor issues or at least let you off with your promise to fix rather than an outright ban.

                So...what happened? One of your neighbors fink on you?
                No, the fire department said they found out about it on my website, and spotted the pyro in several videos.

                Thanks for the info everyone!

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X