This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat people would probably find this more interesting

A friend of mine told me about this video of a cat who knows how to use utensils.

I'm putting my comments in spoiler tags so people can see the video first.

Spoiler
    OK, my first thought was, why would I want to train Orkid to use a fork? It's just something else I have to wash! Besides, she only gets dry food, so a fork wouldn't work.

And then I watched the video. And I think this woman is crazy, and she needs more to do in her life. To me, it just shows how empty she feels her life is. She obviously took a lot of time to train the cat to do that. I can just see how much good she could do if she channeled that energy into teaching people who have to re-learn using their hands and things.

If I tried to dip Orkid's paws in a bowl of water to wash them, I'd be well bloodied fairly immediately.

Oh, and on behalf of Koreans, I am offended that she's using them as an excuse to teach her cat how to "use chopsticks".

And another friend found the video funny and said there's lots of things that people waste their time with, which I agree and understand, and it's not like I'm spending my spare time saving the world, so I'm not sure why I have this particular reaction.

Re: cat people would probably find this more interesting

Interesting :blink:. Now, if only she could teach some people I've seen to use utensils and eat half as well as that cat

Comment

Oh my gosh. My cats would kill me if I tried anything like that. Besides I like to hear other people at dinner, not the cats.
      sigpic

Comment

I think that cat is on a fairly heavy dosage of Xanax. My cat would claw the begeebers of me just for singing the song to him. The bib would throw him over the edge and all signs of my face would be gone (maybe that's not such a bad thing, but it would be painful).

That has to be the winner of this week's "FREAK!" award.

Comment

I think it's cool that she developed a training technique for that. Not sure what the practical applications would be... perhaps service animals?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

That's GROSS. I love my cats but the last thing I want to see is my cat chowing down on nasty smelling cat food.
            Katie :yea:
            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

This has been around for a while.

First of all, it's not a fork fork. It's a plastic fork, so there's no clean-up at least. Second, she didn't train her cat to use chopsticks for Koreans' sake. It's because, as she said, they're going to Korea. Sounds like the cat might be, too.

And lastly, I think that's gross. If you're going to sit with your cat and dine together, at least give the cat actual tuna or salmon instead of stinky cat food junk.
              "But every night, when it gets dark
              and the stars come out,
              I'll look up on her behalf.
              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

uh... i have heard it said i am overly into Johnny Depp. This surely gets me off the hook as being a weirdo. This is the way we wash our paws? Lord help us all. The lady clearly has too much time on her hands and should volunteer at a soup kitchen or something.
                Thanks for the share butI wont be training the tigers to do this FYI... I value my fingers lol.

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
                next trip?? Dec 2007

Comment

oh my, I felt kind of sorry for her and thought she was a bit crazy, then it occurred to me....I do spend quite a bit of time training my dog, but he only does normal dog stuff....and he doesn't eat at the table he has to sit or lay down while we eat. I think I may be nutty now as well. My dog does know all his commands by sign and voice....oh no...why did I watch that. :blush:

Comment

Sadly, the cat has better table manners than some humans I've met.
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                      Second, she didn't train her cat to use chopsticks for Koreans' sake. It's because, as she said, they're going to Korea. Sounds like the cat might be, too.
                      Ummm, yeah, and I'm sure people in Korea will be thrilled to have a utensil-using cat sit at *their* dinner table.

Comment

I notice that the cat is not using the litterbox while dining;

Do you think that this woman may be persuaded to teach Guests not to change their little one's diaper in public places of the Park?

like on the table next to me while I am eating ?!
                        "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                          I think it's cool that she developed a training technique for that. Not sure what the practical applications would be...
                          Hopefully she doesn't use them on her husband. :lol:

She's got way too much time on her hands - not to mention a bit of a loony streak! :lol:
                          ~~Jodi~~
                          Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X