This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket launch from Vandenburg AFB - Thurs June 7

For those interested in this sort of thing, there's a Delta 2 rocket launch from Vandenburg on Thursday June 7. If it's clear outside and ya wanna see it, go outside at 7:20pm and face west. As you can see below the launch window is from 7:21-7:34. If you've never seen a launch it's pretty darn cool.

JUN 7
    19:21-19:34
    Delta II
    Payload is the Italian COSMO 1

Re: Rocket launch from Vandenburg AFB - Thurs June 7

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
    For those interested in this sort of thing, there's a Delta 2 rocket launch from Vandenburg on Thursday June 7. If it's clear outside and ya wanna see it, go outside at 7:20pm and face west. As you can see below the launch window is from 7:21-7:34. If you've never seen a launch it's pretty darn cool.

JUN 7
    19:21-19:34
    Delta II
    Payload is the Italian COSMO 1
    I grew up 5 miles away from VAFB. The rocket launches were always a reason to throw a party.

Comment

Something tells me that if I go out at that time and face West, I will no see anything.
      -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
      .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

OK Ok if you live in the Southern California region, then go out and look.

Although I've known people in Phoenix that have seen the contrails from there before.

Comment

I bet my kids will think its pretty cool. I try and remember. Thanks Matt!
          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! Rocket launches are one of the most amazing things to watch. My father is an executive for Boeing Satellite Systems, so I have seen many live launches.

Comment

Very cool, hopefully it won't be cloudy tomorrow night.

We'll definately have the camera ready as you can see them pretty good from the VC.

Comment

For those of us on the other side of the country, there's also a space shuttle launch schedlued for Friday.

Comment

Just want to report that today is an absolutley beautiful day! I am sure the night will be just as warm and clear.

Comment

So. Did it launch? We watched from 7:20 to 7:35 and didn't see anything.
                    sigpic

Comment

So far... nothing. Awww. It's spectacular when it happens.
                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I didn't see anything either, and the VAB site does not say whether it was scrubbed or not.

Comment

Last year about this time, there were some crazy contrails in the evening, above you could see from Tomorrowland. I believe it was the same thing, last year.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X