Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Tofu turkey anyone tried this?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tofu turkey anyone tried this?

my kids and I have been eating very healthy, we are not going to be eating tofu ( my sister is coming to show me how to cook with this and to also make wheat substitutes , and meat alternatives. ( we have been eating vegi burgers and lots of rices and vegtables. fruit and such, but we wanted to ask if anyone has tried tofurky.
    thanks
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 06-13-2007, 09:48 AM.

Re: Tofu turkey anyone tried this?

TERRIBLE! We tried it once at Thanksgiving, yuck! And this is from someone who loves tofu.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I can only think about the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode where Marie made a Tofu Turkey. It was very funny. The family didn't like the tofu. I have never eaten it myself.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

If you want a GREAT meat substitute, go to the fresh produce (usually) and you'll find in the refrigerated section packages of patties, 2 per packages, of something called "Garlic Portabello Burgers." These are some of the greatest things EVER. Even a mushroom hater will like these patties. And, only 100 calories each, so healthier than most imitation meat (check the calorie and fat content sometime -- imitation meat is usually no better than the real thing). First time I had them, I grilled the patties on a George Foreman Grill, put them on a light tortilla, and just put some Morioka's Ginger Dressing on top. It was quite yummy like that!

Stay away from Yves. Okay, so I only had the chicken and the beef skewers. But they were horrid! Tough, stringy, disgusting. I'm afraid of trying the rest of their products now.
        -Tim

Comment

If I've learned one thing about meat substitutes is that they ALL SUCK. Feel free to try it for yourself, but you will see that meat substitutes are just awful. I'd go with the burgers that FB suggested, mushroom based patties I've tried have always been delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
            If I've learned one thing about meat substitutes is that they ALL SUCK. Feel free to try it for yourself, but you will see that meat substitutes are just awful. I'd go with the burgers that FB suggested, mushroom based patties I've tried have always been delicious!
            Word up sister. I do like tofu sausage and soyrizo. Shrooms are the best however.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
              Word up sister. I do like tofu sausage and soyrizo. Shrooms are the best however.
              Soyrizo ... are you serious! I had no idea something like that existed.

Comment

Soyrizo ... are you serious! I had no idea something like that existed.
                It's great. Tastes very similar to chorizo without all the byproducts.

Comment

I actually like a lot of the meat substitute stuff. The BK Veggie Burger = Yummy. Still not as healthy as real veggies (sodium level is above 1,000 mg!), but yummy. Haven't got those Morning Star (Uhm, that's the name of the brand, yes?) patties for my home use, but one thing I like about it is that it doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a veggie product. Actually, many of their products are better than the competition -- I really like their corn dogs! Yum. And you'd be easily fooled to think those corn dogs are meat!
                  -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
                    I bought this today!!
                    I also bought the soyrizo
                    and the imitation sasauge . and the vegi dogs ( to go with the vegitarian chili)
                    We did nalleys chili today, vegitarian style, it was yummy! and we are doing brown rice and lots of stir fry.
                    I have a sister who cooks with tofu, she says there is a nack to it, and she is coming back in 2 weeks to show me how to cook with it. I am also now learning I am eating to live not live to eat. 3 days 9 pounds lost , yeah I am doing great.
                    Boca burgers are yum, and I do tvp in my home to make chili and spagetti sauces.
                    I was so anxious to know what the tofurkey was like, thank you all for telling me, I am sure its expensive. I am going to a coop this weekend to get different things, I may try there tofurkey tv dinners just to try them

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                    I actually like a lot of the meat substitute stuff. The BK Veggie Burger = Yummy. Still not as healthy as real veggies (sodium level is above 1,000 mg!), but yummy. Haven't got those Morning Star (Uhm, that's the name of the brand, yes?) patties for my home use, but one thing I like about it is that it doesn't try to hide the fact that it's a veggie product. Actually, many of their products are better than the competition -- I really like their corn dogs! Yum. And you'd be easily fooled to think those corn dogs are meat!
                    BK is that the brand? I will look for it, can you tell me where you get the corn dogs? my kids will like these I am sure.

Comment

Karla BK=Burger King veggie burgers, off the menu.
                      You will have to let me know how it all is, I have never tried the veggie meat products.

Comment

Originally posted by samsma View Post
                        You will have to let me know how it all is, I have never tried the veggie meat products.
                        :lol: ok, I did not know they had that! I still am not going there, to eat from a grill cooked with burger :lol: but I bet its tasty!
                        I love vegi burgers, and acually you can make anything taste good with plenty of mustard :lol: I am anxious to try the soyizo and my crumbled fake burger in the spagetti this week. I will let you know what I like about each and dislikes

Comment

Amen, here's to real meat!
                          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by samsma View Post
                              Off the menu? Every Burger King I've seen has had it on the menu...
                              -Tim

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X