This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were you in 62? (Photo Heavy)

Inspired by the George Lucas Film -American Graffiti. (filmed in Petaluma)
    A classic city wide tradition in Modesto was to cruise the streets of Modesto, California. Unfortunately, after a few un-contained fights in 1993(last year of the cruising tradition) by Modesto Police, cruising was banned.
    So if you go up and down the same street past an officer more then once you will be cited.

It was more a celebration of the car and the movie.The many unique cars kept drawing me back.
    Now this year the American Graffiti Car show was sponsored by the local Kiwanis club and has for quite a while.
    Plenty of Mustangs, Corvettes and Studebaker and of course many Chevy Bel Airs, Chevy Impalas.
    Before I headed of to my job, (which dare I say I love) I stopped by the event and took a few pictures.

Didn't get this shirt from the event. Last years shirt didn't sell to well it looks like.

1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Re: Where were you in 62?

Here's some A&W "Rootbeer" to go with this Chevy Bel Air.

How about some "Drive-In" sound to go with that movie and fries..

This sleek Mercury took 10 years to restore.

I didn't spot anybody affiliated with the Pharoah's from back in the day this year.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 06-10-2007, 02:23 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Pretty cool,this sun visor still works on this one below.

Studebaker..This was the cleanest I have ever seen

Comment

1948 Studebaker truck..

1935 Ford Phaeton

Very RARE Oldsmobile....

Comment

Those are great pictures Tic Toc!!

Oh , and in '62 I wasn't even born yet!

Comment

Classic fins and tails...

Comment

Now for some Thunderbirds.... and not the Gallo kind...

Not up on my cars.. but this one was clean..

Comment

This one is more of a custom job..

A little Skull Duggery...

Stop the Insanityyyy Pirates everywhere.!!! As Susan Powter would say.

Last edited by Alchimedes; 06-10-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Sadly Herbie was nowhere to be found..

Comment

I love the 'suicide" doors on these cars...

Comment

This car had some interesting sliding doors.. 1954 Kaiser Darrin

and to think Disneyland was in the process of being built during that year....

As you can tell this car really had my interest...

Comment

Classic Woody..... And no not Toy Story.

Comment

Now for some Cudas, Challengers and Chargers!!

Comment

Can you say Hemmmiiii??

Comment

Meep!! Meep!!

BARRAAA CUDDAA..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X