This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Trip: 1971 Pinocchio Movie Ad

A friend of a friend was cleaning out his garage and found some old newspapers. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Here's a movie ad for Pinocchio from the LA Times, August 6th, 1971. I thought it was kinda cool.

For historical perspective, also playing that week were Klute with Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland (Fonda won an Oscar for it) and Summer of '42. At the 39 and 49 cent discount theaters were Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice and Cactus Flower, plus the rock documentaries Woodstock and Gimme Shelter.

Ahhh memories.

I feel old. :botox:
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Nostalgia Trip: 1971 Pinocchio Movie Ad

Many of my Disney collectibles are wrapped in the newspapers of the time that they were socked away in storage...going all the way back to the 1960's. As I open a box now and then...I find these crumpled newspapers and their many ads more interesting than the thing they were wrapped around to protect!!!

But the 70's have to be the strangest when it comes to movies. Big ads for movies that I don't recall and have never heard of since! Man...they were making a whole lot of schlock back then!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X