This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceChat Past & Present

MiceChat is a growing community that welcomes new members everyday. When i first became i had no idea where to start, what to do, or even what the rules were (Hint:Read the Rules). The thing that made me feel welcome was the fact that i made some friends in a rather unorthodox way, but i still made friends and thats what keeps me coming back everyday.

So this is for new members and old members to come and let loose!!! i thought it would be a good idea if everyone came New and Old members to share something about themselves for all of our new members, so they feel welcome and that our community keeps growing.

So i'm Master Gracie....
    I loooooooooooove the Red Sox
    Rap Music
    Gonzo from the Muppets
    more of a WDW kind of guy being located on the east coast
    Enjoy putting Spunkymunky in his place in the "Tell Horrible Lies" thread
    ^^^you will most likely find me in there
    For some reason i am a MGM studios nut!!!!
    ...oh ya and i love Disney DUH!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: MiceChat Past & Present

Good idea, sir, but I'm not sure this was the forum you were looking for...

Comment

Lets see...

I'm penguinsoda and I've been here almost since day one. I'm member 385 or something like that.

I didn't post hardly at all for at least the first 6-8 months, then I just got sucked in bad and never left!

If you want to know details about me I have a MySpace you can find a link to in my sig, I spend a good deal of my time in the fun & game lounge where I am the Jester of Randomness in the RCMC, where Master Gracie also hangs out on occasion.

And I can't believe the connection I've made to some pretty wonderful people because of this site. Because of MiceChat last October I went to Disneyland and stayed in a motel with 4 other women that I had never met before, and after 30 years in So Cal got my first annual pass... because of MiceChat.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

My name's Tim and I'm a Micechatoholic. Member #153.

I'm a narcoleptic who can't take Rezerem because that sleeping pill keeps me awake all night.

I enjoy romantic walks through the cemetery and sitting on the dock, watching the bats swarm overhead.

Like penguin, I wasn't very active when I first got here. Like usual, it takes me a while to adjust to the people. I'm socially inept like that. However, once I started here, I couldn't much stop. I have never posted this much to any other forum in my life.

I have never been to Disneyland. I have never met anybody here. And I've never been to Boston in the fall.

In my free time, I like to procrastinate. In my not so free time, I like to procrastinate. However, I'm usually too busy to do that, so I have to put the procrastination off until later.

I'm currently working on my photography website. If you're interested, the link will be placed in my sig when the time's right.
        -Tim

Comment

I came to MiceAge through SaveDisney.com. Al's updates were always so intriguing and kept me coming back for more!

I remember when MiceAge proudly announced "Come discuss the topics in our message board!" And I thought it'd be like most other site's message boards - dull. So I put off even looking at it for a long time.

Until February '05, when I accidentally clicked on the link to MiceChat. I looked around and read a bit. And read some more. And some more.

Finally, in June '05, I felt comfortable enough to sign up. And I haven't looked back since.

I've met some people I reallllly like, but I haven't had a chance to make it to a meet because, darn it all, as wise as the great DustySage is, he just couldn't come up with this when I lived on the WEST coast!

I like Pirates. :captain:
          I like classical music. :music:
          I love Disneyland and DisneyWorld. :ap:
          I love awesome trip reports! :clap:
          "But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I joined MiceChat, when I was planning my very first trip to Disneyland. I would be visiting during what I refer to as "Anniversary Week". I credit MiceChat with making that trip so successful

I stuck around after my trip, because quite frankly, I was having a whole lot of fun.

I also hang out a great deal of time in the Fun and Games Lounge. You will see my name on many of the threads started there.

I am probably a lot older than most MiceChatters. I have 2 grown boys, and only one grandson, who also loves to vacation at Disneyland, and Disney World.

I live in Chicago. Right now, I must be happy with just scrapping my past vacations. The pocketbook doesn't allow for a trip, anytime soon.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
              I remember when MiceAge proudly announced "Come discuss the topics in our message board!" And I thought it'd be like most other site's message boards - dull. So I put off even looking at it for a long time.
              I quite understand what you mean there. I signed up day 1, but one of the reasons I didn't get too involved right away was because of my experiences with other boards.

At other boards, the conversations go along these lines:

Wow!
              How cool!
              Yay!
              Yippee skippee doo!
              Meanwhile, the conversations here go along the lines of:

Do you think Mickey goes commando?
              Pass the rum...
              I said, give me the bloody rum!
              Fine. I'll just stick to the vodka.
              -Tim

Comment

What a fun idea for a thread.

I am Sunnygirl. I've been on MC since March of 2005. I joined to alleviate the monotony of everyday trips to DL with my (then) 10 year old daughter, and was pleased to discover how fun MC was. I went to my first meet in May of '05, where I met my now fiancee, Anders.

We currently reside in Irvine, pretty close to DL. We average DL trips 3x a month (sometimes more, depending on what we have going on).

I've made some really wonderful friends here on MC, some of whom I now consider to be family.
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                  At other boards, the conversations go along these lines:

Meanwhile, the conversations here go along the lines of:
                  So, where's my rum??

That was awesome!
                  "But every night, when it gets dark
                  and the stars come out,
                  I'll look up on her behalf.
                  I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Fun idea!

I'm cpdisneyprincess! I had been reading Al's updates for a long time - but when MiceChat launched I didn't pay that much attention. I'd never really gotten into the "message board" scene. In March of 2006 I was working in Hong Kong and planning a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. I joined the board to see if anyone knew anything about this new park. I didn't really post much at first but over time I started posting more and reading TR's and then in January went to my first meet - and there was no going back. I have met some WONDERFUL people and like SunnyGirl said - people whom I now consider family.
                    I work w/ a traveling Drama Group and will be going to Europe in July!
                    I hang out mostly in the Beauty Pageant Threads and DMCA Lite.

Comment

I started mice chat a couple of years ago... at first I didnt post alot either (I started mice chat at aboutt he same time i started to work for DCA). We moved to vegas last septmeber.. and this is when my posting soared

I am member 3595

I have met some really good friends here
                      Last edited by kelly; 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM.

Friends for life

Comment

I am Mousey Girl. My member number is 82, so I have been here since the beginning. I know most of the back stories as to why and how this board came to be. I was a member of the former Fabs Board.

My user name is not Dinsey related. I began collecting mice firgurines, art, ect... when I was 9 years old. I also have 5 female pet rats (Thudder, Squiggles, Sweetness&Light, Baby Smurfles and HollyWog). I also have an attack bassethound (PoohDog) and a black, female chicken (Chicken).

I interact on 3 boards, though consistently only on 2.

I have a 10 yr old son and am currently trying to file for divorce (my son now has a 1/2 brother).

I was a charter member of WDCC, though I let my membership lapse when I ran out of room.

My favorite Disney mice are Jaq & Gusgus.

I don't really have any hangout on the boards, I just sort of flit around and post when something catches my eye.

Comment

My Name is PirateMunkee and I'm an alcoholic...........Oh wait, this is the wrong thread for that.
                          Anyways, I've been following Al around since the DIG days and been here basically since day 1. My member number is 285. I'm a former cast member who is trying to get back working in the park. My dad was a Disney artist and was head of the Disneyland Art Dept. in the 60's and did all the conceptual artwork for Cruella Deville. My grandfather helped build the park.
                          My favorite characters are Tarzan (Though I absolutely despise the treehouse in the park), Stitch, Donald, and Baloo.
                          My fave rides in the park are Space Mountain, POTC, and the Subs (Especially now!!)
                          PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Im frecky and I joined in Sept of last year. As you can see my post count is seriously high. What can I say, I like to talk?
                            I live about 70 miles from the park so I dont get there as often as some other locals, but I am there often enough
                            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

i wish a thread like this was around when i frist joined!!!
                              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X