This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Lean Cuisine Memories

I bought a Swedish Meatballs Lean Cuisine for the first time in years (I'm trying to take off a few pounds, and I'm having trouble with portion control.....and btw, just where is that take off 52 for the 52nd thread that I need right now, huh?) and it's amazing how the smell takes me back to my first apt back in Ahaheim less than a mile from the park. Anyways, as long as I'm waxing about Lean Cuisine, does anyone out there in MiceChatLand have a favorite flavor or other memories connected with Lean Cuisine? Or am I just a couple bricks short of a load? =)
    Guy
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Re: Favorite Lean Cuisine Memories

I never ate LC growing up... I never ate frozen meals.
    but I eat it all the time now.

My fave. is Chicken Carbona. Mmmmm.
    The rectangular pizzas and the paninis are very good!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

OMG I'M GOING TO BURST FROM EXCITEMENT OVER THIS THREAD!!!
      I totally love Lean Cuisine!! My absolute favorite is the turkey, stuffing and apples meal!!! The paninis own my soul, though! They are too good for words! And only 9 grams of fat!!! I tell everyone around me at work to eat Lean Cuisines! lol
      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I eat insane amounts of these!

Mainly because I am too lazy to pack a lunch and grabbing one out of the freezer on the way out is way too easy.

That and even at full price they are much cheaper than the cafeteria at my work... basically need to take out a loan or suffer overdraft fees to eat a really crappy taco salad.

I am a full on meat eater but try to avoid frozen dinners with meat...( I am so not sure why) my favorite is the rice an beans kind YUMMY! I also love the Margarita pizza and the cheesy potato one.

But the mac and cheese kind.... sorry it is so wrong to take the fat out of mac and cheese!

Comment

I LOVE Lean Cuisines! At my school in the teachers lounge most teachers have that for lunch. I feel like we should have our own club LOL

Anyways my favorite flavor is the BBQ Chicken Pizza! It's a bit hard to find here so my friend and I call each other when it's on sale and share what store it's at.

I also enjoy the panini Chicken sandwiches. I actually found a 4 pack at Costco.

Awesome thread!

Comment

I remember this one time, when I made a Lean Cuisine. It was turkey and mashed potatoes. The instructions said to poke holes in the plastic wrapping on top. For some reason I did not. When I took it out of the microwave, it was so freaking hot I dropped it. It hit the counter and exploded with hot turkey, gravy, and potatoes all over my hands and torso. I was very badly burned and now I hate Lean Cuisine forever.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I buy mostly just the paninis. Lately, I've been going for other things.

Lean Cuisine really is the best of the budget meals. However, they aren't the best healthy frozen meals. I think that award goes to Ethnic Gourmet.

Here's the thing about Ethnic Gourmet: They don't advertise themselves as a healthy food. However, they do advertise as all-natural -- it's true. They are 100% organic ingredients. And best of all: They taste much closer to fresh foods than any other frozen meal I've tasted.

I'm a huge fan of the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Chicken Tandoori in Spinach sauce. And the rice served with it is so fluffy! The Indian dishes are definitely their best. Although, the butternut squash ravioli was rather yummy.

I've been getting some Ethnic Gourmet items and rounding out the rest of my list with a small selection of my favorites of Lean Cuisine. They're a little more expensive than Lean Cuisine, but well worth it.
              -Tim

Comment

This week I was pleased to find LC paninis at Costco!!!!

Comment

This thread is making me hungry. I only buy Lean Cuisine, when they are on sale. I'll have to check out the Panini.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

I pretty much live on Lean Cuisine. I like most of the pasta dishes... especially the lasagnas!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                      I remember this one time, when I made a Lean Cuisine. It was turkey and mashed potatoes. The instructions said to poke holes in the plastic wrapping on top. For some reason I did not. When I took it out of the microwave, it was so freaking hot I dropped it. It hit the counter and exploded with hot turkey, gravy, and potatoes all over my hands and torso. I was very badly burned and now I hate Lean Cuisine forever.
                      Holy crap! Did you have to go to hospital? Yuck... I bet you smelled like gravy too. Ehh.

You should give it another try though.. they have some really awesome food...

I ADORE the BBQ chicken pizza! Delish!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
                        You should give it another try though.. they have some really awesome food...
                        AND! You don't have to poke holes in them!

Although the new Healthy Choice "Steamer" meals may give them a run for the money! I had a pasta and vegetable meal that has the pasta and veggies separate from the sauce. You heat the whole thing and then mix the steamed veggies and pasta into the sauce underneath the steam plate. It was THE FRESHEST frozen dinner I've ever eaten!
                        It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                          AND! You don't have to poke holes in them!

Although the new Healthy Choice "Steamer" meals may give them a run for the money! I had a pasta and vegetable meal that has the pasta and veggies separate from the sauce. You heat the whole thing and then mix the steamed veggies and pasta into the sauce underneath the steam plate. It was THE FRESHEST frozen dinner I've ever eaten!
                          Yeah! I am so glad to hear that those made it to the store! I was part of a testing team on those and OH MY I loved them. I have never tested a product that made me want to contact the company and have them send me more until I tried the Healthy Choice Steamers!

I LOVE the panini (which is a fun word to type - it's banana with different letters really...) and even have tried the other brands and so far, Lean Cuisine is the bestest - and now I'm going to have to go to Costco!!
                          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                          then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Hetly Choice Steamers, eh? i'll have to check those out next time I'm at the grocery store!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

HOORAY FOR LC!
                              I'M THE BIGGEST FAN EVER!
                              I eat them all the time! I love the flatbread pizzas too! Garlic chicken is my fav! There is sooooo much garlic! YUM!

I used to love the Healthy Choice meat dip ems' but you don't find those anymore!
                              The bbq steak one was delish! Oh well...
                              A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X