Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

If people make fun of you, does it hurt your feelings?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If people make fun of you, does it hurt your feelings?

I'm really sensitive, and a lot of the time I can't handle it when people poke fun.

Re: If people make fun of you, does it hurt your feelings?

Of course it hurts when people make fun of me, no matter what my age is. It is hard to handle, but sometimes you just have to ignore it even if you don't want to. You don't want people to know that what they said hurt because they'll just keep doing it, but if it seems to them that it doesn't affect you, they'll stop.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Only if I let it hurt me. They are just words. And yes, they might be true--but who are they? My family?

If they are my family and are making fun of me, well, that says something about them--they must be mad at me for some reason.

My friends?

My friends wouldn't do that to me. My REAL friends, that is.

Some people I don't know?

And what do I care about them? It would be sad that they had to make themselves feel better by putting me down.

If you are working on becoming who you were meant to become, yeah, it is a tricky proposition to hold your head up high when you are unsure of yourself. Seriously? We like you here, so that should be enough, no?

Peace?!
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Nope. Grew up being picked on by older siblings.

Learned to give it as well as take it.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I get my feelings hurt very easily. There are many times, that I have a very large lump in my throat. I have a hard time, many times, holding back the tears. More often than not the other person does not even realize the effect that their joking has on me.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Whenever someone makes fun of me I laugh. Than I start making fun of myself. I live by the wisdom of a Bugs Bunny quote: "Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive!"
            Originally posted by aashee
            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I grew a thick skin when I was a kid. It used to bother me but now I hardly notice it. As a poster above said- my real friends wouldn't make fun of me, nor would my family. And strangers? I don't care.

Gossip doesn't really bother me. It annoys me at work, because we should be ... working, y'know? But what people say about me doesn't bother me, nor interest me beyond curiosity- what are they saying this week?
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

When people make fun of me it doesn't hurt anymore. I learned to let it roll off. And to make fun of myself first, cuz if they see you making fun of yourself then they see their words wont affect you.
                STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
                And, I kiss that frog
                Each time finding
                The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
                He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

That's why that little red button at your desk when pressed opens the pit of fire & the person's chair slides back and drops the person into the pit!!

Comment

Of course it bothers me. Errant comments from friends, even while intended to be taken lightly, have a way of sticking around in the brain and continuing to dig every time I see <feature that was made fun of>.

But some comments run right off the back. It just depends on whether people are making fun of something you'd laugh at yourself, or something you're really sensitive about.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I like people that can take a ribbing and I like people that are sensitive. What drives me crazy are people that make fun of you, but then get huffy when you return the favor.

I dish out plenty, so I better be able to take some goodnatured slamming.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                        Of course it bothers me. Errant comments from friends, even while intended to be taken lightly, have a way of sticking around in the brain and continuing to dig every time I see <feature that was made fun of>.

But some comments run right off the back. It just depends on whether people are making fun of something you'd laugh at yourself, or something you're really sensitive about.

Exactly right. Sometimes there are some things that you are insecure or sensitive about. That's when it hurts. Also, it depends on who is making fun of you. It's all good for a little bit, but when a group of people are making fun of you nonstop, then it really can be pretty brutal.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I honestly don't see how other people can do a better job at making fun of me than I do .

But seriously, I would probably only get ticked off if they made fun of me for being a bit overweight, but I'd get over it after realizing that it's better to be a little curvy than an ***hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post

But seriously, I would probably only get ticked off if they made fun of me for being a bit overweight, but I'd get over it after realizing that it's better to be a little curvy than an ***hole.
                            I always think to myself, "At least I can change what is wrong with me." Makes me feel better when I realize that.
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I think I make fun of myself more than anyone else. Growing up with 4 older siblings was brutal enough, but it's good in the end.

I was overweight, but I lost it. Now who's laughing? If something bothers me, I change it. So I can get the last laugh. Sometimes, as bad as it sounds, the teasing can be an eye opener. It's made me a better person and I'm like aashee... I dish it out. So I better be willing to eat what I serve.

I don't know, I think I'm rambling.

myspace.com/xrybox

Next trip to Disneyland - August 17, 2007

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X