This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My glass got washed away!

I was shocked this morning when we emptied the dish washer to find that the designs on both WDW glass steins were washed off completely. I have no idea what happened! They've both been washed before and have come out perfectly.

Is this shoddy materials from WDW or maybe we used a harsh setting on the washer?

Re: My glass got washed away!

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
    I was shocked this morning when we emptied the dish washer to find that the designs on both WDW glass steins were washed off completely. I have no idea what happened! They've both been washed before and have come out perfectly.

Is this shoddy materials from WDW or maybe we used a harsh setting on the washer?
    It may be a combination of the two. Some dishwasher detergents are very harsh. My mother gave me a set of her old pfasgraf (sp?) dishes. They are really nice dishes, but the patterns are just about washed off of them.

Comment

Dishwashers are incredibly harsh. Never put knives, they will dull, wood, it will dry out, anything w/a design such as engraving or precious metals or stick on, they will eventuaaly wear off, or anything you do not want scratched, like expensive cookware in the dishwasher. They are a convenince but hard on dishes.
      sigpic
      Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

Comment

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about your glasses. At least you now know for the future that you're just going to have to hand wash 'em.
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hear that. I have no idea why that would happen but Something that precious I would always hand wash. I like hand washing much better. I don't trust the dishwasher to get everything clean. I hand wash before I put anything in the dishwasher. Why? I don't trust my eyes to get everything off either. So my hands and the dishwasher work as a team!
          Originally posted by aashee
          We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I like to buy several of the same Disney glasses when I go to the parks. Therefore, I can have one to drink with and one or two to just keep around as decoartions.

Sorry to hear about your incident Mike. How old were these glasses that you washed?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
              Sorry to hear about your incident Mike. How old were these glasses that you washed?
              Thanks everyone!

These glasses were not that old at all ... I had just bought these two at Epcot in April.

The older one I have, which I bought at an outlet store about 7 years ago is still going great.

Comment

My 50th mug that I bought Jan. 1, 2005 looked great until about a month ago--the entire logo is almost gone. We didn't change detergent or anything, but it's happened to my cup too.

Comment

Did you maybe push the pot scrubber button by mistake? What a bummer!

Comment

My parents are always accidentally breaking mugs and glasses I have...I lost a whole Nightmare Before Christmas set.
                    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I had a tower of terror mug that got washed away too

Comment

The first time I saw the title of the thread, I thought your glsses were washed away like the time I went to the beach and stupidly wore my glasses in the ocean. I was sitting on a raft and a wave came up and washed my glasses away. Not one of my brighter moments, but then I was only 10.

The dishwasher can be brutal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X